The socket, the switch and the lamp the main components of any electrical wiring in the apartment, private house, garage or other office space. Therefore, every zealous homeowner is obliged to know how to connect the circuit of all devices during repair works or the construction of a new structure with their own hands, including the combined ones, which are combined in one case.
Not so long ago the connection of wires from the switch to the AC electric circuit was carried out at random. Therefore, in the houses of old buildings most of these devices electrical circuit still remain connected in violation all safety rules. Naturally, this did not affect the operation of the switch itself, but the safety of operation of such a device remains in great doubt.
Recently, to save wires and space on the wall, manufacturers of electrical appliances began to combine and combine several devices in a single package. Wherein most often combine the outlet and the key switch as due to such a connection scheme, maximum efficiency and usability of such electrical devices is achieved.
- 1 Connecting the combined outlet and switch: the main options
- 2 Connecting a socket switched through a switch
- 3 Installation of a combined unit with a one-key switch
- 4 Connection diagram of the socket-switch block with two keys
Connecting the combined outlet and switch: the main options
To date, we can consider several options on how to connect a combined outlet and switch. At the same time, quite recently in the apartment it was difficult to find several different in functionality electrical appliances in one building.
Therefore, the wiring diagram of the outlet and the switch was performed by connecting the wires in the junction box without combining these devices. Now this option is applicable, if for some reason there is no possibility of installing such consumers next to one another. Although the separate connection of the outlet and the switch has its positive sides.
- Due to the availability of such devices you can buy the cheapest outlet and switch and connect them by combining in one circuit.
- The ease of connecting such electrical devices allows you to do all the work yourself.
- Due to the separate connection of the outlet and the switch increases the safety of using such devices, as the wiring to them is laid separately, which reduces the chance of a short closure
But lately, apartments have increasingly begun to use special units in which manufacturers have combined an electrical outlet and a switch. At the same time the connection scheme of such a device has become much simpler. In the first place - this is due to the fact that there is no need to lay two separate wires to each consumer. In addition, there are other advantages of this unit:
- if necessary you can easily move the unit to another place, it does not need to lay two separate wiring;
- there is no need to measure out separately height of installation of the socket and switch, since both devices are combined in one case;
- due to the high quality of such devices, they are used both inside and outside the room;
- Combined unit is convenient to install on any surfaces, such as stone or wood, and concrete or plasterboard.
The only significant disadvantage of such a combined unit is inability to replace a single itema failed outlet or switch. In most cases, you need a complete replacement device. At the same time, modern units are available with one-key, two-key or three-key switches, combined in one package with a socket.
Connecting a socket switched through a switch
The easiest option is to connect the outlet, united in one case with a single-key switch, is the connection of all wires of the power supply network and devices according to the scheme in junction box. At the same time there is a clear sequence of such work.
- A hole in the wall is prepared in the wall if the unit is internal or just a suitable place is selected in the case of an external device. Superimposed paired designs of combined electrical units most often installed in rooms with open wiring - Usually it is wooden buildings.
- In the junction box, there should be 6 incoming wires of the wiring, a pair from the outlet, switch and distribution board. In addition, each pair is divided into phase and zero veins. In some homes there is an additional ground wire.
- First of all, the phase going from the switchboard is determined and the room is de-energized.
- Next, the phase conductor of the main power grid must be connected to the circuit breaker wire. For this, the stripped ends of the respective conductors are twisted and insulated with electrical tape.
- The zero vein of a network connects to the wire going from the socket.
- The remaining two free ends of the combined block are twisted together and isolated.
- Thanks to this connection scheme, it turns out that the phase of the outlet will be switched through a switch. This is especially effective if the socket is rarely used or through it you need to connect devices that need to be constantly turned on and off.
Such a system combined in one case functions quite simply. When the switch is turned on, a phase is applied through the switch. Such a scheme is effective, for example, if you need to connect the lighting in the back room through an extension cord and turn it off using a single-key switch.
Installation of a combined unit with a one-key switch
Modern blocks are very popular, they unite the socket and the single-key switch in one case, each device will be used separately. To install such an outlet with a light bulb switch, there are a number of simple manipulations.
- A phase and zero is laid from the central shield to the junction box.
- Also in the junction box should include: a pair of wires from the light bulb and three from the unit, which combined two separate devices.
- The phase core of the shield is connected to the wire that goes to the outlet, which, in turn, is connected with a jumper to the terminal on the switch.
- The zero wires of the light bulbs and sockets are connected to zero central power supply.
- The remaining two phase wires from the light source cartridge and the switch are twisted and insulated.
- If grounding is provided in the unit, need to worry about his connection with additional wire.
Thanks to this scheme, the socket, combined in one case with the switch, will work regardless of switch, which, in turn, will perform its main functions on switching on and off the electrical light bulbs.
Connection diagram of the socket-switch block with two keys
Basically the blocks combining a power outlet and a switch with two keysinstalled on the partition between the doors in the bathroom and toilet. With only one unit, it is possible to control the light in two rooms and connect any electrical consumers to an AC outlet.
- The schematic diagram of the connection of the combined device involves the laying of five conductors from the junction box to the paired electrical system.
- The ground conductor and the neutral wire from the switchboard should only be connected to a power outlet.
- To supply the phase to the paired switch in the switching unit has a special jumper.
- The free two veins are connected to two switching contacts of the switch, through which the phase will be supplied to the lighting devices in the toilet and bathroom.
- In junction box twist the wiressupplying the phase through the switch and free veins going to the bullets in the bathroom and toilet.
- The ground wires, as well as the grounding from the lighting device, are taken in the junction box by twisting the bare ends with strands designed for connecting the socket.
- If you need to change the sequence of keys that supply voltage to the lights in the toilet and bathroom, you must swap the cores on the switching contacts of the switch.
As you can see, the wiring diagram of single-key and two-key switch, combined in one case with the socket, differs only in the number of wires. In the first case, four wires are used, including grounding, and the second option provides for five conductors.