Security measures at a production plant in the condition of an emergency emergency are one of the most important issues, the solution of which may be different depending on the prevailing circumstances. But when it comes to emergency lighting, they use autonomous light sources.
Under the emergency lamp means lighting that works in case of damage to the main light sources. Measures to evacuate people, the safe end of all work to prevent an emergency - all these tasks helps to solve autonomous LED lamp with battery.
- 1 Varieties of emergency light sources
- 2 LED lamp on the battery
- 3 Features of the choice of the suitable lamp
- 4 Pros and cons of LED lamps
- 5 Requirements for emergency luminaires
Varieties of emergency light sources
Emergency lighting in an enterprise, office, or other public place is an alternative to the main light source in case of a breakdown of the latter. Such a lighting device can be used in any premises. At the same time today the lighting devices used when an emergency situation occurs, Subdivided into the following types:
- devices with a constant action - the light source operates continuously;
- luminaries with variable action - the light source is switched on only when necessary;
- combined emergency lights - devices with two lamps, one of which is the main one and the other one is emergency;
- autonomous lighting devices - devices operating on a battery;
- centralized emergency lighting.
LED lamp on the battery
The most practical lighting fixture for an emergency meeting is considered battery LED device. First of all, such lighting does not depend on the centralized supply of electricity, but consequently, in the event of an accident, when the main light sources do not operate an autonomous lamp, continues to burn.
But even such a seemingly perfect device has a significant drawback - for the device to work in emergency mode it must be charged. And as you know, battery charging is possible only from the mains. From this we can conclude that in the case of a discharged battery, LED emergency lighting is absolutely useless. Therefore, to maintain such a device in working condition, a person must be appointed who is responsible for the timely charging of the battery.
Accumulator LED-based emergency light source - optimal choice provide emergency lighting. This is primarily due to the minimum power consumption of LEDs. This is especially true when they are combined with a battery whose charge is not infinite.
In addition, the LED is designed for a fairly long number of hours of continuous operation. And if we take into account that emergency light sources are not used so often, then the LED the luminaire on batteries will last long enough, the main thing is not to forget to recharge it in time the battery.
Features of the choice of the suitable lamp
In the process of selecting emergency lighting is important to decide with the main parameters of the lamp.
- Offline operation time. Based on the practice of using autonomous emergency lighting to solve most unforeseen situations, 3 hours is enough.
- The method of mounting the device - lamps can be wall or ceiling. The choice will depend on the characteristics of the room for their use.
- The degree of security devices. For organizations with high-risk conditions, it is advisable to use lamps with an increased protection index. For office space suitable cheaper counterparts.
Permanent emergency lights operate from the main power grid, in the event of a breakdown of which they will continue their autonomous operation due to the use of energy from the built-in rechargeable battery. A non-permanent device is a backup light source that is not operated in a trouble-free mode. Combined emergency lighting systems operate on a permanent basis. Several lamps are built into them, one of which will work after the main luminaire fails.
Pros and cons of LED lamps
The advantages of the LED lamp emergency lighting before similar devices include a number of parameters.
- High level of environmental friendliness. Such lighting devices are completely safe for human health.
- In LED lamps no flicker effectthat is achieved through the use of a constant current source. In contrast to the fluorescent lamp, the LED counterpart can be used in areas of large crowds of people, since it makes the human eye not get tired for a long time.
- High color performance. Radiation of the LED lamp of emergency lighting as close as possible to a natural daylight.
- High rates of profitability. LED light source consumes almost 10 times less electricity than standard incandescent lamp.
- Low inertia. Devices are turned on almost instantly at maximum brightness.
- Great operational resource. The lifetime of LED luminaires on batteries greatly exceed other emergency analogues.
- High resistance to mechanical damage. In the manufacture of emergency lighting used high-strength aluminum alloy. Diodes do not have a filament that is vibration resistant. Polycarbonate glass can withstand even a shot from an airgun.
- High security. To work the lamp does not need large capacity, and it does not heat more than 60 degrees.
Disadvantages of the LEDs have been identified. But blindly believing manufacturers who promise a continuous operational resource of several tens of thousands of hours should not be. However, even the numbers are several times smaller than the manufacturers promised, which is quite enough for the device to operate in emergency mode.
Requirements for emergency luminaires
All the nuances of the choice and installation of emergency lighting are precisely spelled out in the GOST. Here everything is very clear, we have acquired a suitable lighting device and it is possible to install, and it is impossible to predict whether an accident will happen or not. Besides this, such devices according to GOST, must have certain parameters.
- Autonomous lamp must be marked according to GOST. In this case, the marking should contain information about the operating modes and characteristics of the light sources, as well as the operating time of the power source.
- The battery should be equipped with a charge level indicator. This is primarily necessary to monitor the performance of the device.
- A battery power source must have a warranty period of at least 4 years, since such a device is quite expensive.
- Electric lamp holder must also be marked. This is important in the case of replacing the lamp with an equivalent.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that an autonomous light source is a rather important attribute in any production. At the same time, the LED emergency lighting lamp is considered the simplest and most convenient to use. Although any other source of light has the right to exist. But before giving preference to one or another emergency lighting system, it is necessary to understand the whole danger of the situation.