It is unlikely that the overhaul in the house can do without upgrading or complete replacement of electrical wiring. It is often necessary to install additional sockets or switches for connecting home appliances or light sources, as well as other electrical devices.
In this case, all the wires better disguise in the wall. But for this you need to know how to make walls for laying electrical wiring with your own hands, without resorting to the help of professional electricians. In this case, the main thing is to take into account all the features of the wiring of the house electrical network and the nuances of the shaving of concrete, brick and other surfaces.
- 1 The main nuances of shtenbing walls under wiring
- 2 How to make walls for wiring?
- 3 Brick and concrete wall shading
- 4 Conducting the preparation of the walls and markings
- 5 Strobing under wiring perforator
- 6 Use grinder for laying electrical wiring
- 7 Strobe walls with a wall chaser
- 8 How to make walls under wiring chisel
The main nuances of shtenbing walls under wiring
Do not immediately grab into the hands hammer and chisel. First of all, you need to draw on the paper sheet a detailed drawing of the wiring and provide where all sockets, switches and lighting devices will be placed. You should also consider the material used for the construction of the building on which will depend on the method and tools for shtrobleniya walls under wiring.
It should be noted that today there are regulated by the documents SNiP electrical wiring rules in the walls of buildings. At the same time, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with them before starting the installation of gateways under wiring, since their non-observance affects the safety of electrical work.
- Strobenie wall surface under the electrical wires should occur only parallel to the basic structure of the room, that is, strictly in the vertical or horizontal direction.
- To trim the grooves in the horizontal plane, you can only retreat 15 or more centimeters from the floor of the building.
- Vertical strobing is indented from the door and other wall openings at a distance of 100 mm, and no closer than 400 m from the gas pipeline.
- The parameters of the width and depth of the groove for wiring should not be much more than 25 mm. In this case, the length of the strobe must be a maximum of 300 cm.
- It is very important that the electrical wiring in the house has as few turns as possible on the way from junction boxes to sockets, lamps or switches. It is advisable to use only one corner transition.
- It is impossible to carry out horizontal shtrobleny in designs with a bearing load. This is especially true in prefabricated houses, where all the walls are bearing.
Following these rules, layout planning will be performed. in accordance with all norms and it will be possible to proceed to the direct breaking of the walls.
How to make walls for wiring?
Today there are various ways of conducting shaving according to the tools used:
- the cheapest, but at the same time, a long and inconvenient way of shaving is done with a chisel and a hammer;
- a faster and more convenient option for cutting out grooves for wiring - a perforator or impact drill;
- the smoothest groove can be made with the help of electric arches, but the use of such a tool leads to the formation of a cloud of dust in the room;
- a wall chaser is the most convenient tool for cutting stitches with his own hands, but because of its cost, it has not found wide application in the average man in the street.
But regardless of the chosen method and tool for shtenning the wall, such works have the same procedure.
Brick and concrete wall shading
With brick walls, there are usually no particular problems with chipping. The laying of bricks is carried out by means of a cement-sand mixture, which is easily knocked out with a conventional hammer and chisel, after which an electrical cable is laid in the groove. In this case, in the horizontal direction, everything will go like clockwork, since seam between bricks goes through the whole wall. In turn, in the vertical direction will have to punch bricks.
With a concrete wall, things are completely different. This surface is very durable, so using a chisel and a hammer will take a long time to lay even a short wire. Therefore, it is advisable to use other more effective methods. Only the wall chaser will help in a short time and with virtually no dust to make the grooves under the wiring. But because of the high price of such a device, it is used only by professional builders. Therefore, for domestic purposes use more common tools - Bulgarian or perforator.
Conducting the preparation of the walls and markings
First you need to find out the presence or absence of hidden wires on the proposed route laying strob. For this purpose, special devices are used, thanks to which it is easy to determine the location of the electrical wire. This is done for security reasons so as not to fall into the live wire with a power tool.
On the surface of the wall put markings on the route of strobe starting from the distribution box in the direction of the locations of sockets, switches and lamps. But before you start any work you need to curtain the door openings with a damp cloth. This will allow not to scatter dust in all the back streets of the house.
Strobing under wiring perforator
You can pierce a brick or concrete wall with a perforator. This will require special attachments - wide auger and shovel. In turn, all the work comes down to the following actions:
- perforators make recesses up to 25 mm in depth with a pitch of 10–15 mm along the line of wiring;
- after that, using a blade, a furrow is made for wiring.
In spite of the fact that this method is very fast, the groove obtained at the same time is not quite even and with torn edges.
Use grinder for laying electrical wiring
The grinder can be made without any problems by chipping under the wiring as a brick, and concrete or plastered walls. But for this you need to purchase a special diamond coated disc. In this case, all work is performed in the following sequence:
- grinder along the entire length of the shtraby do two saws parallel to each other with the same parameters of depth and width from 2 to 2.5 cm;
- To remove the central part of the groove, use a hammer drill or a chisel with a hammer.
With this option, the groove is very smooth. However, the use of this power tool is accompanied by a large amount of dust. During operation, it appears so much that you have to use a vacuum cleaner. In this case, you need an assistant holding the suction hose in the immediate vicinity of the cut.
Strobe walls with a wall chaser
Stroborez can be compared with the grinder, only strongly modernized. Such a tool has two diamond-coated disks, the distance between which can be adjusted. Cutting wheels closed by a special casingpreventing direct contact with the wall.
Thanks to the adjustments provided for by the wall chaser, it is possible to change not only the width of the intended strokes, but also its depth. In addition, the casing has a special outlet for connecting a vacuum cleaner, which will suck up the dust emitted from under the diamond discs.
It is with the help of the wall chaser that you can lay the wiring in the wall as soon as possible while all the work will take place almost without dust. After the sides of the grooves are cut, it remains to choose the core of the grooves using a drill with a rebound function.
How to make walls under wiring chisel
The use of chisels and hammers is impractical if the wiring will be carried out in a wall of concrete. If a brick wall is subject to shaving, then all work reduced to the following actions:
- with the help of a chisel grooves are marked from the edges of the groove;
- the chisel is placed across the groove and the hammer blows out part of the wall deep into the hammer;
- layer by layer of the chute is deepened along the entire length up to 2-2.5 cm.
After completion of the strobing, the grooves must be thoroughly cleaned of dust. Then the surface is opened by the ground. After the primer dries, the wire is laid in the groove and sealed with plaster, plaster or putty.
Only the right tool in accordance with the material of the wall in which it is necessary to make the grooves for the wiring will allow you to perform all the work quickly and without dust. At the same time, modern tools allow you to do all the work on wiring in-house wiring with your own hands.