Lighting technology is constantly evolving. So, today on sale are widely represented. LED bulbswhich a few years ago were rare. Before using such a bulb, it is necessary to study its characteristics and features.
- 1 Principle of operation
- 2 Advantages and disadvantages
- 3 Pedestal classification
- 4 Light temperature
- 5 Other important factors
- 6 Manufacturers and cost
Principle of operation
Light emitting diode previously used tonly in electronic equipment. At first, the scope of application of LEDs was considered only an advertising display, various light indicators, and instrument panels of the machines. However, over time, LED bulbs appeared, designed for the home.
Unlike conventional incandescent bulbs, the alternating current in the LED becomes constant when minimal energy loss and slight heating, so that the invention is considered safe. At the same time, the brightness of the light directly depends on current: the higher the indicator, the greater the brightness. This principle of operation ensures the popularity of this light source.
Experts say that in the near future LED lamp displace analogs from the market. Most likely, this will happen, because only 5 years ago there was practically nothing known about the LEDs, 2-3 years ago they were an expensive novelty, and today they are sold in any market.
Advantages and disadvantages
LED bulbs compare favorably with their energy-saving counterparts and incandescent bulbs. Such products are used for street lighting, lighting homes, offices and industrial premises. Huge popularity has a number of reasons.
- Efficiency. The product consumes a minimum of electricity, so you can save on electricity.
- Durability. Manufacturers claim that the life of LED lamps is about 50 thousand. hours, that is 9 years. This coincides with reality when it comes to houses and apartments, where the light is lit quite rarely. In most cases, the light bulb will last for 5-6 years. By the end of this period, they will not burn out, but will become less bright. Manufacturers claim that the brightness will decrease by only 25-35%.
- Low heat emission. LED lamps are considered to be quite safe, since they practically do not heat up. During the relevant tests, it was found that incandescent bulbs at 10 watts are heated to 168˚ C, energy saving - 81˚ C, LED - only 30˚ C.
- Strength. Conventional bulbs are very fragile. You can crush them just by picking them up. Led counterparts more durable. Even if you drop them, there will be no fragments.
Naturally, LED bulbs There are a number of disadvantages.
- High price. The cost of such a product is really high, but this minus covers the savings possible due to the long term of use and the consumption of a minimum amount of electricity.
- Special fixtures. In order for a powerful LED lamp to work for a long time and stably, it is necessary to purchase a special lamp. It is worth considering that the lamp bulb may be opaque or transparent. In the first case, the color is scattered, and the second types are suitable for crystal chandeliers. If you do not pay attention to this factor, then in the room instead of uniform lighting there will be a couple of patches of light.
The base is a part of the bulb that provides contact with the mains. This item is divided into pin and screw. First group denoted by the letter G, and the second - E.
- E27 - the usual threaded base. It is suitable for all chandeliers and other appliances that are designed for the installation of incandescent lamps and energy-saving varieties.
- E14 reminds E27, the difference concerns only the diameter. This base is suitable for most lamps. It is used when creating the candle and minion lamps.
- GU5.3 - a more modern base, which has a pair of small pins. Similar LED-lamps are made to be completely replaced.
- GU10. As a rule, this base is installed in built-in lamps designed to illuminate the kitchen and work tables. It is also mounted in hoods.
- G4. At the end of this cap there are two wiring. As a rule, this type is used in small light bulbs illuminating the paintings.
- G9. This basement is found in fluorescent and LED lamps, which are alternatives to halogen lamps, which are considered less efficient. Such a base is recognized as more convenient when installing and replacing a light bulb.
The main feature of the LED is the ability to select the temperature of the light. It can be different: cold, slightly bluish, diurnal, pinkish and yellow. The optimal temperature for the house is from 2600 to 3200 K, that is, warm white, and 3700–4200 K, which is considered naturally white.
The temperature of the bulb at 6000 K provides bright cold lighting, which is considered uncomfortable. If this figure is less than 2600 K, it turns out a heavy yellowish light, and the situation in the house becomes depressing. This temperature is provided for the cheapest lamps. Naturally, with such lighting is very difficult to live. Accordingly, preference should be given to LED lamps from a reliable manufacturer.
Other important factors
- Color rendering index characterizes the visibility of other colors in the light of a light bulb. The higher this figure, the better the transfer. Comfortable for a person level is 80 CRI and more.
- Brightness control. Lamps with such a function are quite expensive, but many of them can be combined with systems that are provided for incandescent bulbs.
- Base and radiator. Choosing a lamp, it should be borne in mind that the base should be firmly fixed. Its marking must correspond to the marking of the cartridge. Powerful lamps have a large radiator. Such a part is made of aluminum, ceramic or graphite, and it is also closed with a thermoplastic. According to recognized standards, the radiator can heat up to 50–70 ° C.
- Life time. As a rule, manufacturers indicate the service life of 20-50 thousand. hours However, in practice, so many light bulbs do not work. Durability depends on the quality of the components and assembly. Cheap Chinese products often fail literally in 2-3 months. To calculate the life of the lamp in the house, you need to focus on the number of inclusions. If it is 20 thousand, then when the light is switched on tenfold, the lamp will last for 5 years.
- Pulsation. Quality LED lamp does not pulsate. If its assembly was performed incorrectly, a slight pulsation may occur, imperceptible to man. It has a negative effect on the functioning of the nervous system and provokes fatigue. To make sure there is no ripple, you must point the camera of the smartphone at the LED lamp.
Manufacturers and cost
Many companies are engaged in the creation of LED bulbs. This may be little-known organizations and firms with an excellent reputation. It is best to choose products from a manufacturer specializing in the creation of light and electrical equipment. Thanks to this approach, you will get a really high-quality light bulb. We are talking about companies like Philips, LEDEngin, Nichia and Osram. Products manufactured by these companies will be really high quality and durable.
The cost of the LED-bulb is influenced by its quality and manufacturer. It is best to choose an expensive product for 5-15 dollars, because when creating it, only high-quality components are used. It is a durable transformer, a good phosphor-coated LED and an excellent cooling system.
LED bulbs have many advantagesthat favorably distinguishes them from other analogues. Due to its good characteristics, this type has gained immense popularity. An additional advantage will be the fact that most manufacturers produce lamps designed specifically for LED lamps, which means it will be easy to choose the desired model.