EKM is the labeling of a product such as a junction box. It is necessary for installation inside the lighting support in order to connect the charging wires of the lighting devices to the cables passing through the common power supply network by means of protection and control equipment.
In the material you will learn the scope of application and design of junction boxes, study their classification, as well as technical characteristics using the example of EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 and EKM 1261 1 D 2 5 16 products.
- 1 The design of junction boxes EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16
- 2 EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 boxes: installation features
- 3 Classification of junction boxes for lighting networks
- 4 Technical characteristics of EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16
- 5 Product Specifications EKM 1261 1 D 2 5 16
- 6 Advantages of Raychem products
The design of junction boxes EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16
Connectors such as EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 and other modifications of the EKM type are equipped with the following elements:
- terminal block;
- fuse holder or DIN rail.
On the DIN rail, in turn, can be installed such special equipment:
- automatic machines;
- RCD and more.
The delivery of junction boxes does not include timers and circuit breakers, and boxes for special type cables, as well as fuses and other equipment can be made according to individual order additionally.
EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 products and others connect the cables of the group supply network, as well as their branches to the lighting devices. However, they must guarantee high reliability. The boxes are placed outside, and also used for the installation of internal lighting supports. Their high degree of protection and insulation class can guarantee high security in terms of installation and operation.
Functional parts of EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 and other modifications:
- input point, as well as contacts that connect the cable from the group mains;
- circuit breakers;
- input point and contact connections with charging wires.
The presence of contact terminals allows overlapping to connect cable cores from a group power supply network irrespective of their section or class of flexibility. Devices are used together with sliding terminals or captive clamps.
They can be installed from 1 to 3 fuses in the circuit of the charge wires of lighting devices, as well as to ensure the selectivity of protection of the supply network for external lighting devices.
The place to connect the charge wires includes:
- hermetic stuffing box or rubber seat seal.
EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 boxes: installation features
EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 and other types of connecting devices made on the basis of thermoplastic materialwhich possesses shock-resistant properties and is not combustible. All metal parts of the construction are made on the basis of tinned copper or stainless steel.
The safety insert is in a ceramic or glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic housing. Boxes, depending on the type, may have a degree of protection ranging from IP 43 to IP 54. Boxes with the highest level of protection are often installed outside poles or walls.
Regardless of the type, all boxes are second class insulation. According to standard EN 40-2 they are easily installed inside the support through the doorwaythen they are fixed on brackets in accordance with DIN 49778. To make it easier to install the box in a support with cross rails, it is better to pre-order special adapter hooks for them.
Junction boxes of different types differ from each other in the size of the supporting doors, where they will be installed, as well as in the number of grip clips from the inside. The diameter of the box support is 90 mm, and the power cables have a cross section of up to 35 square millimeters.
The box is put in supports, the doors of which have dimensions of 80 by 210 or 260 mm. On the inside there are 4 or 5 clamp-type clips for two cables, the cross section of which is from 6 to 12 square millimeters, or from 10 to 25, respectively, when it comes to the box type EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16.
Classification of junction boxes for lighting networks
EKM junction boxes for fuses of size D 01 are as follows:
- very small cables and supports;
- medium size;
- medium outdoor cables;
- for use with special equipment.
And for larger fuses of size D 2, boxes such as are used:
- EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 and other EKM 1271 and 1272 - small and medium cables, as well as small supports;
- EKM 1261 1 D 2 5 16 - small cables for external installation;
- medium sized cables and supports;
- Medium outdoor cables;
- large cables with EKM 2035 series supports.
EKM can be equipped with such additional fittings:
- pass-through fuses;
- framework for cable protection;
- hooks and spare covers.
Technical characteristics of EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16
Below, let's study the technical characteristics of the box of this modification:
- manufacturer - Raychem;
- degree of protection - IP 4;
- the box is designed for installation from inside the lighting support;
- the support has a diameter of 90 mm;
- the door has parameters 80 by 210 mm;
- fuse D II (E27) up to 25 A;
- cable section is 4 x (6-16) mm²;
- the clip is cap;
- the case is resistant to impact polymer;
- parts are made on the basis of metal with anti-corrosion properties;
- transparent cover;
- second class of isolation.
Product Specifications EKM 1261 1 D 2 5 16
The device of this modification installed from inside the lighting pole in order to connect the charge wires of the lighting devices to the appropriate cables of the supply networks by means of protective equipment.
Characteristics of the model are:
- the diameter of the support is 100 mm;
- door size 80 to 250 mm;
- up to 5 clamping clips for two cables;
- polymeric impact resistant housing;
- parts based on anti-corrosion metal coating;
- IP 54 degree of protection;
- second class of isolation;
- the maximum diameter for the mains cable is 22 mm;
- diameter without sleeve is 25 mm;
- the diameter of the seal for charging wires is from 8 to 14 mm.
Advantages of Raychem products
EKM junction boxes are manufactured by Raychem and, like all products of this brand, are distinguished by good performance characteristics. Cable system from this manufacturer can be installed without problems even in extreme conditionsin particular at low temperatures.
Products of this brand are developed and manufactured in accordance with international standards IEC and DIN - VDE, they also passed the appropriate tests.
Raychem EKM 1271 1 D 2 5 16 devices and other models are installed in the lighting support and help to connect the charge wires to the necessary cables, they are of high quality and easy installation regardless of environmental conditions.