If you want to reduce energy costs several times, then one of the ways is to use LED lamps. When replacing conventional incandescent bulbs and even energy-efficient models with diode bulbs, electricity bills can be three times less.
1 Comparison of diode lamps for home with other models
- 1.1 The advantages of diode bulbs
- 1.2 The disadvantages of LED lighting elements
2 How to choose the right diode lighting element?
- 2.1 Rules for choosing LED lighting elements
- 2.2 LED elements and dimmers
Comparison of diode lamps for home with other models
An LED lamp is a lighting device that is installed in an existing luminaire designed for work of replaceable LED bulbs, and to install other types of lighting devices (energy saving, incandescent).
The principle of operation of diode bulbs based on LEDs. The main element of each LED is a semiconductor crystal, created artificially. It converts electrical current into radiation. LEDs virtually no loss of electricityBecause semiconductor light sources do not need to be heated, unlike incandescent bulbs.
In order to protect electrical appliances and to purchase optimal models of lighting for residential premises, LED bulbs should be used. Produced diode lighting elements, operating from a voltage of 220 volts and ideal for lighting housing. In addition, LED lighting elements have the same shape as ordinary incandescent bulbs. This means that they are suitable for use in modern lamps, and in other, more outdated models.
The advantages of diode bulbs
LED lighting elements have many advantages:
- Low energy consumption. With the same light intensity LED lamp requires three times less electricitythan the energy-saving element, not to mention the incandescent bulb. For example, the maximum power consumption of electricity from a conventional LED lamp is 3 watts. And even the most economical energy-saving light bulb consumes at least 9 watts.
- Increased service life. In conventional incandescent bulbs, the filament burns out when exposed to non-uniform voltage, therefore several times a year it is necessary to replace the lamp in one particular place. Diode lighting elements, issued by serious manufacturers, have a warranty period of 5 years. Their service life is tens of thousands of hours, which is 10 times more compared to energy-saving models. At the same time, durability does not adversely affect the light output of the light source. The lighting element does not lose brightness throughout its life.
- Light that is as close to natural as possible. Luminescent elements give unnatural hues when illuminated, human eyes perceive colors in a distorted form. Unlike energy-saving lamps, diode bulbs provide color rendition more close to naturalAfter all, their luminous flux is more similar to natural.
- No flicker. Fluorescent lamps when working have a drawback - the flicker that the human eye notices. At home or in the office, this is simply annoying, but in production such a problem can lead to a deterioration in the employees' vision and a decrease in the quality of work. When working LED lighting elements there is no flicker noticeable to the eye.
- Wide range. Diode bulbs are made in a variety of style solutions. This gives opportunity to pick an itemcorresponding to the design of the room. It is not difficult to choose the LED lighting element, which in view of the base and brightness is suitable for a specific lamp.
- No heating time. The brightness of the LED lamps becomes available in full from the moment it is turned on, in contrast to energy-saving lighting elements that need time to warm up and achieve maximum brightness.
- Work in the conditions of negative temperatures.
- Safety in use.
Safety factors for operation are as follows:
- impact resistant design compared to incandescent glass bulbs;
- lack of membership mercury vapor and other harmful substances and accordingly, the lack of a special approach to disposal;
- The diode lighting element does not heat up above 60 ° C, ensuring fire safety during operation.
The disadvantages of LED lighting elements
Despite the huge number of advantages, the disadvantages of LED light bulbs also exist. Here they are:
- high price. There are prerequisites for the fact that LED lighting elements will further reduce their cost, but they will not be able to reach the price level of ordinary incandescent bulbs;
- need power supply and radiator. LEDs are demanding on the power supply. There is a problem how to post Power Supplyso that it does not catch the eye. Without a good heat dissipation device LED dims over time and the lighting becomes less bright. The need for a high-quality power supply and radiator significantly increases the cost of the LED light bulb;
- the inability to replace the diode. If at least one diode is blown in the LED light bulb, then it will be almost impossible to replace it. Need to change the item as a whole.
How to choose the right diode lighting element?
Due to the rapid development of technologies in the market of lighting elements, there are various innovations, which include LED bulbs. Their selection is huge. A person who knows little about all the subtleties of diode illumination will not always be able to make the right choice when buying. Because of this, a lot of questions arise, especially among people living in the world of hand made and having little meaning in modern updates.
Rules for choosing LED lighting elements
When choosing diode bulbs, you need to pay attention to the following criteria.
- Power and brightness. Modern diode bulbs produce up to seventy lumens of light output per watt of power. The best performance is available for high cost effective diodes. When buying an LED lamp need to focus on incandescent lamp powerby reducing it five to ten times. That is, to replace a sixty watt incandescent bulb, you will need a six watt diode lamp. If with this calculation of light it seems not enough, you need to buy a bulb of greater power.
- Voltage. The lamps are produced from twelve volts and powered by two hundred twenty volts. In order to connect the first, special transformer needed to reduce the voltage. Such diode bulbs are used in rooms where high humidity is present (for example, a bathroom). The power consumption of LED lighting elements does not depend on the voltage required for the operation of this light bulb.
- Type of cap. Of the variety of types of LED lamp socket, those used in houses and apartments are selected and indicated:
- E 27 - standard for incandescent bulbs. A lamp with such a base can be simply screwed into the usual for all cartridge;
- E 14 - in the people has the name "small". This type of cap is standard for Mignon lamps. It is screwed into the cartridge, but has a smaller diameter in comparison with the E 27;
- GU 10 - consists of two pins, extended at the ends. Most often, this base belongs to the lamps for spotlights. Lamps with this type of base set by rotationthat ensures the reliability of fastening;
- GU 5.3 - base type similar to GU 10, mounted on lamps for spotlights with an operating voltage of twelve volts. Lamps with this base are installed without turning;
- T 8 - designed for installation on light bulbs that are put in place of fluorescent tubular lamps. Lamps with this type of basement are in length of 0.6 and 1.2 meters;
- G 9 - consists of two pins, curved in an arc. They are designed to replace single halogen lamps. Used in decorative spotlights.
The choice of the required type of base depends solely on the type of lighting device in which the lamp will be installed.
- Lamp shape. Diode lamps come in a variety of forms: round, pear-shaped, in the form of candles, in the form of corn cob, tablets, elongated, and others. Choosing a lamp of a certain shape depends on the design of the lighting devicein which the lamp will be used, and on your personal preference.
- Colour temperature. The color of the diode lamp light depends on the value of this indicator. If the color temperature of the bulb is 2700 Kelvin, then the light from it will have a yellowish tint inherent in ordinary incandescent bulbs. With a rating of 2800 - 3200 Kelvin, the light will be warm white. And if the color temperature of the lighting element is 4000 - 5000 Kelvin, then the radiation color will be similar to neutral daylight. That is, as the color temperature increases, white light will get a colder shade.
- The presence of a radiator. The LED lamp radiator is an aluminum strip or a more complex aluminum construction (depending on the power of the light bulb). Designed to remove heat emitted by the LEDs, to avoid overheating. It is not recommended to purchase lamps with frosted glass housing. Due to the opacity of the structure, it is not possible to see whether the diodes are located on the radiator. The plastic case is not capable of providing an acceptable degree of cooling of the LEDs. If the manufacturer has not taken care of cooling the diodes, the light bulb will not last long.
- Power Supply. The power factor's power factor ratio must be greater than or equal to 0.9. High-quality operation of the lighting device depends on how well the power supply operates. is he should be equipped with built-in protection from power surges, breakdowns and overheating. If a poor-quality rectifier is installed in the power supply, the light of the diode bulb will pulsate, which is noticeable to the naked eye. And even if it is unnoticeable, it can always be checked with the help of a mobile phone camera. To do this, direct the lens to a working light. If a ripple is present, the image on the mobile screen will flicker. From the purchase of such an element of lighting is better to refuse.
- The appearance of the light bulb. In general, the appearance of this lighting element should also be noted. The bulb should be smooth, no burrs and roughness should be present. Sticking wires and badly painted surfaces should also alert you when choosing.
- Packaging. Quality lighting element must be packed appropriately. The package must contain the following information:
- light output, lm;
- power consumption, W;
- average service life, h;
- color temperature, K;
- type of base;
- color rendering ratio;
- angle, °;
- supply voltage, V;
- frequency of alternating current, Hz;
- operating temperature, ° C;
7. Manufacturer. LED lighting elements have a high costthat makes me especially careful when buying a company that manufactures a light bulb. You should buy lamps only from famous companies that are able to guarantee the quality and long life of the devices. To date the most reliable Manufacturers are the following:
- Osram Opto Semiconductors from Germany;
- Nichia from Japan;
- Seoul Semiconductors from Korea;
- Philips Lumileds and CREE from the USA.
In diode illuminators, produced in Germany and America, the composition includes silicon carbide (today it is the best technology). BUT Inexpensive light bulbs from China include sapphirecharacterized by low reliability. Although the longest warranty among all manufacturers is given by the manufacturer from China Maxus.
LED elements and dimmers
Many homeowners, following fashion trends, have replaced conventional light switches with dimmers, which are used to smoothly adjust the brightness of the lighting. Unfortunately, when changing one type of lamp to another, these trendy devices are not only inefficient, but also in the case of LED elements interfere with proper performance lighting fixtures. After all, when the voltage decreases, which is what the dimmer does, the LED light changes its color shade and the glow becomes less intense.
Such an incorrect mode of operation for diode elements is the reason for their rapid failure. Therefore, when changing fluorescent lamps to LEDs, it is necessary to change the dimmers themselves. These devices to control the intensity of illumination work on a different principle, which is suitable diode lighting elements.
LED bulbs for the home are a great replacement for both incandescent bulbs and energy-efficient lighting elements. To date, the transition to diode bulbs has become economically and technically sound and profitable. After all, LED lighting elements are a breakthrough in the field of energy saving. They provide a high level of comfort and an ideal working atmosphere in a flat or house with soft light radiation and long-term use.