Today, each person has cell phones. However, stationary devices have not left the apartments, offices and administrative buildings. To properly install them, as well as install modems and faxes, a telephone jack is required. About its types, installation methods and wiring diagram will describe below.
- 1 Types of telephone outlets
- 2 RJ 11 telephone jack wiring diagram
- 3 Connecting the socket in a hidden way
- 4 Popular types of telephone outlets
- 5 Conclusion
Types of telephone outlets
A connected outlet for a low-current network is a place to connect your phone to a communication network. Externally, it represents small boxusually white. Sometimes it is called “telephone box”.
By the number of connectors distinguish single and multi-box. Of the many connectors it is worth to highlight some:
- RJ 11 - has in the presence of two wires. Mainly used for connecting to telephone lines.
- RJ 14 - with four contacts and the same number of wires. This connector is used in most types of phones. To connect the equipment in the building where it is necessary to connect several lines, contact No. 1 and No. 4 are used.
- RJ 25 - there are three pairs of contacts. Independent connection poses special difficulties, therefore it is better to consult a specialist. The third and fourth contacts are involved in the connection.
- RJ 9 - this type of connector connects the handset to the device itself.
- RTSHK 4 - in the old Soviet connected boxes there are four contacts and a key. This model assumes an all-in-one type of connection. If there are several such outlets in the room, they usually constitute a small circuit. For its circuit uses a capacitor.
To connect the outlet in the apartment usually use a strong wire. Administrative and office premises may use a four-wire or six-wire cable. Sometimes a twisted pair cable can fit a socket.
RJ 11 telephone jack wiring diagram
In detail we describe the connection scheme the most common connected box. She will be next:
- Before starting work it is necessary to take precautions. Although it is necessary to handle with small currents, however, if the installation is carried out with wet hands, you can get a small current blows - pleasant enough. The voltage in the telephone network of 60 V., with a call - 120 V.
- Before connecting, isolation of the required length is removed from the cable. It is important not to leave notches on the cable cores, otherwise they will break during installation. Old signalmen carry out such an operation with the help of a lighter: they inflame the casing and tighten the softened isolation with their fingers. You should not follow their example because: firstly, for this you need a certain skill, secondly, it is possible to burn the core and it will break off during installation, and, thirdly, the burned fingers will long to be sick
- Connecting the cable to the telephone box is carried out according to the scheme. The line cable connects to the middle pins. In standard telephone boxes, they are usually red and green.
- For the communication line is not fundamentally the definition of polarity. If such a task is worth, then you need to know that in communication networks to determine the minus is red, and green means plus. Polarity can be determined using a tester or multimeter.
- We deepen the cable cores inside the connection box. Fasten the outlet to the wall, close the lid and connect the phone to the outlet.
Connecting the socket in a hidden way
For the work on the connection will need the following materials and tools:
- Hidden outlet.
- The puncher with a crown.
- Side cutters or a tool with which you can de-isolate a telephone cable.
- Tester or multimeter.
The installation cable is first connected to the cable. The cable can be laid on a plinth, in a plastic box or a fine.
- First, we select a crown for the punch with a diameter equal to the size of the telephone box.
- Pencil outline the contours of the outlet, then drill a hole in the wall.
- Install the telephone box into the wall and fix it with the help of fittings.
- To connect, you need a cable length of no more than 10 cm. The rest can be cut.
- We clean the cable and make the connection. The installation case of the telephone box is fixed with spacer screws.
- Install the outer frame and lining.
Popular types of telephone outlets
Among users Two manufacturers have proven themselves well:
- Ledrand is a high-quality type of product. They have a stylish design, a large selection of colors and are distinguished by safety.
- "Vico" - these telephone sockets are built-in and exterior. They are single type and combined. The latter option has two landing slots on the outside and a four-pair connector inside the device. This model can connect not only a telephone cable, but also an Internet cable.
Connected sockets allow quickly change the phone, fax or modem. To do this, simply pull the cable out of the socket and connect the desired one. Install and connect the socket itself is quite simple.