Cable is known to be a necessary element in the installation of various electrical systems for various purposes. For those or other purposes they need different types. Today we will talk about cables PVA and KSPV. You will get acquainted with their description, technical characteristics, as well as study the decoding of wire names, which means one or another letter on the product labeling.
1 PVS: general information and description
- 1.1 Applicable metal: copper and aluminum
- 1.2 Construction and materials
- 1.3 Spheres of application
- 1.4 Key Specifications
- 1.5 The average cost of the product in Russia and the CIS
2 RSV Wire: Description and Specifications
- 2.1 Key Specifications
- 3 Interpretation of cable markings of different types
PVS: general information and description
Interpretation of the name of this cable is as follows: connecting wire in PVC sheath.
Wire PVA belongs to the category of power products, it is used for such purposes as:
- domestic needs;
- electrification of entire settlements.
The forerunners of PVA were double-insulated armored cables with a flexible metal core. Thanks to them at the beginning of the last century it was possible transmit electricity over long distances and support the work of large industrial facilities of the time.
Modern PVA cable is equipped with polymer insulation for wiring and has two or more solid copper electro-wires wrapped in special cotton or paper sheath, which, in turn, can be pretreated with refractory substances. In addition, often the wire is equipped with tar, so that the threads do not rust. The following models are amenable to such processing:
- Ball screw;
- VVG and others.
With prolonged use, the connecting cable, equipped with rubber insulation, due to the influence of atmospheric oxygen becomes brittle. It is necessary to check from time to time what state it is in and to carry out a number of preventive measures, for example, grease it with tar and other protective equipment. To make it serve you as long as possible, choose a wire with a rubber sheath, and not just PVC-based insulation.
Also there are on sale and wires with rubber protection only, but they are not used in everyday life and in industry.
Applicable metal: copper and aluminum
The design of this cable is almost the same as other wires with two or more wires. Thus, two or more threads are enclosed in insulation and intertwined with each other in order to create improved resistance and voltage transmission. Stranded wire PVA, equipped with two or more threads used for the transmission of low signal voltage and when controlling devices that do not need large capacities:
- phone chargers;
- door bells and more.
Copper wire PVA outdoor type leads the power and voltage from the transformer to the power contact in the room. It includes three twisted cables, one of which is copper and bare, and the other two are insulated on the voltage line. In order to ensure better safety, ground wire may have a stranded sheathnot dependent on the size of the outer insulation.
Copper conductors, which are present in almost every PVA wire, have the following properties:
- high level of current carrying;
- strength and ductility;
- excellent resistance;
- anti-corrosion coating;
- high coefficient of thermal expansion;
- easy to repair in terms of soldering;
- compatibility with resistors and insulators.
But they are made of aluminum are more profitable than copper, due to their characteristics:
- almost do not heat up during work, which has a positive effect on the power and speed of the flow of electricity;
- have oxidation by oxides, which increases their service life;
- the possibility of electrification of hazardous industries;
- flexibility and no need to install special supports for long distances;
- lower cost compared to copper counterparts.
PVA cables withstand loads ranging from 10 kV and can last for at least ten years, provided they are used correctly. Such Wires perfectly withstand the heat and coldHowever, we will return to the technical specifications.
It should be noted that another undoubted advantage of the PVA cable is its sheath, made of refractory material, which does not burn even with a strong fire.
Construction and materials
Regardless of the type, this cable includes the following parts:
- conductive core, which is a round copper wire;
- PVC based insulation, available in different colors;
- twist - a set of twisted insulated conductors without a filler;
- the sheath is made of PVC plastic and laid so that the gaps between the cores inside are filled, so the wire has a round shape.
Spheres of application
Copper cables of this series are quite widely used. With their help, you can pave the electricity, both at a large plant, and create wiring in a small apartment, you can update the wires of the transformer, put the power plant and much more.
But cables equipped with aluminum threads have a narrower scope of use. With their help, the current is transmitted in urban lighting circuits. So, they are acceptable for wiring in apartment buildings and industrial production, where there is a need for high power current.
But it is worth noting that, despite the fact that wiring in modern homes is mainly carried out on the basis of aluminum filaments, copper is better suited for this purpose. And, because of aluminum wiring, short circuits, drops and oxidation of conductors often occur.
In addition, PVA cables are used to electrify the following devices:
- household appliances (refrigerator, a vacuum cleanerair conditioning washing a machine And so on);
- gardening and garden equipment;
- small-scale mechanization;
- making cords lengthening.
In addition, the cable PVA used for internal wiring in buildings of different types. To this end, multi-wire copper conductors should be tinned in places where are connected sockets or terminal boxes.
Main cable specifications PVA look like this:
- wire can be used at temperatures ranging from forty degrees below zero to forty degrees above zero;
- conductive copper conductor wire has a heating limit of 70 degrees;
- after holding the cable in water at a temperature of about 20 degrees for an hour should test it with AC voltage 2 thousand W at a frequency of 50 Hz for 15 minutes;
- it is imperative to make a no-failure operation within 5 thousand hours;
- wire operating time for stationary electrical appliances is at least 12 thousand hours;
- The length of the construction cable of the PVA type is at least 50 meters;
- the average lifetime of a PVA wire is at least six years;
- when using a cable for stationary electrical devices, its service life is approximately ten years;
- PVA wire is resistant to mold damage;
- the electrical resistance of a cable at a distance of a kilometer is a maximum of 270 ohms.
The average cost of the product in Russia and the CIS
The cost of PVA wire depends on its manufacturer, as well as the place of sale. So, if you take the wholesale cost of a cable per meter, provided you purchase it at least 50 meters, it will be vary from 10 to 12 rubles per meter (for example, cities such as Yekaterinburg, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Kharkov, Minsk and others). Naturally, the final cost can be found at the points of sale of electrical engineering in your city.
It is advisable to choose a power type PVA wire with a plug if you plan to use it for home appliances. Before purchasing the product is required Be sure to ask the seller for a quality certificate. and compare the set values of the device with the compliance with the present parameters, making their preliminary calculation. This will ensure maximum security of the room where the cables will be held.
RSV Wire: Description and Specifications
Interpretation of the word KSPV is as follows: cable for a transmission system with a vinyl sheath.
Cable such as KSPV has single-wire copper conductors with a diameter from 0.40 to 0.80 mm, they equipped with special insulation, which consists of polyethylene and is covered with a sheath on the basis of white PVC plastic, which is needed for a stationary inner lining.
The area of application of the KSPV is the static internal wires of signaling systems, communication systems or local networks. Signal wire is required during the installation of different types of fire or burglar alarm systems, or more complex automated data processing systems.
KSPV cable can be laid both from the inside and from the outside of buildings, however, direct sunlight should be avoided.
This type of cable can be used in environmental conditions, where the minimum temperature is 40 degrees below zero and the maximum is 70 degrees above zero, respectively. In terms of installation bends, an acceptable temperature level is at least zero degrees, and at high humidity up to 98 percent - up to 35 minutes minutes.
The minimum bending radius is 10 nominal outer diameters, and the product lifetime is at least 15 years.
The electrical characteristics for the cores with a diameter of 0.40 are 148, and for the cores with a diameter of 0.80 mm, 36, respectively. The electrical resistance of the insulation lived at a length of a kilometer at a temperature of 20 degrees is at least 6, 5 thousand MOhm.
Capacity for unshielded cables of the "lived-core" circuit is 60 nF per kilometer, and for shielded cables - 80 nF per kilometer, respectively.
Interpretation of cable markings of different types
We bring to your attention the decoding of the letters contained in the names of models and types of cables:
- And - lived on the basis of aluminum;
- B - armored product;
- B - simple paper insulation:
- P - PVC based insulation;
- PS - the presence of PVC-based insulation using self-extinguishing polyethylene;
- G - there is no insulation;
- SV - the shell has a flat shape and is made on the basis of PVC;
- PV - the shell is composed of PVC and vulcanized rubber;
- NG - the cable is off;
- P - rubber insulation;
- KG - flexible cable;
- BPI - the wires equipped with a paper layer between veins which is impregnated with nonflammable substance;
- F - power cord;
- C - insulation consists entirely of lead or contains lead in large quantities in composition.
Thanks to these transcripts, it will be much easier for you to understand how to choose a cable for specific purposes and conditions. You can also understand the difference between one type of wire from another.