In order to design and build an electrical supply voltage network, special materials should be used, in particular, cables. So, for example, for installation in air and lighting electrical networks the best type of cable for their technical characteristics is SIP cable.
What is the wire CIP, what has the features, advantages, types and technical characteristics, we will tell in this material.
- 1 The concept of cable CIP and its advantages
- 2 Characteristics of wire CIP and its classification
- 3 How to install the wires with your own hands
- 4 Comparing the cost of wires CIP
The concept of cable CIP and its advantages
The name of the wire SIP stands for self-supporting insulated wireIts purpose is the transmission of electricity in power grids. At the same time, this type of cable can be used for installation and distribution only in those networks where the voltage does not exceed 35 kV.
Applications for this type of wire are as follows:
- street lighting (lights and signs);
- street power lines in the air;
- electric power supply private houses and garages.
For all of the above purposes, you can use insulated and protected types of cable CIP.
CIP wire has a number of advantages, as:
- the system of providing electricity when using CIP wire can work even when it is dropped or connected;
- the design of the wires is provided so that their surfaces prevent freezing of snow and ice, and this improves and prolongs the operation of the power grid even in cold weather;
- similar products require minimal ground cutoff, which is extremely convenient during the laying of networks in urban environments;
- the possibility of theft of electricity or illegal connection is practically reduced to zero;
- wire section can be found for any purpose;
- The insulation of CIP wires is so reliable that the birds sitting on them are not able to suffer from current shocks.
Characteristics of wire CIP and its classification
Considering the fact that SIP cable is mainly used in order to branch off the highway, to increase it will not be a big problem, the main thing is to choose the correct section and select the required parameters.
Wires CIP have several varieties, they differ somewhat from each other in structure, type of insulation of wires and in technical characteristics. Let's take a look at what constitutes each of the CIP cable types:
- SIP 1 or SIPT 1 GOST R 52373 - on so wire all conductors except zero are equipped with insulation based on thermoplastic light-talized polyethylene;
- SIPT 2 and SIP 1A - are distinguished by isolation of all threads without exception;
- SIP 2 - on this cable all conductors except zero are equipped with a special polyethylene coating, as in the first model. The coating at the same time has molecular cross connections;
- SIP 2A - all wiry parts, including zero, are covered with molecular polyethylene protection;
- SIP 3 - most common type This wire, which is used for home needs. When buying it, be sure to verify the availability of the certificate. It consists of only one conductor, conductive, made of dense aluminum. From above it is covered with a polyethylene material with a light stabilizing effect;
- SIP 4 - this model of this wire is unique, because it does not have a carrying zero core. All remaining are covered with insulating material based on thermoplastic molecular polyethylene. This ensures the strength and tightness of the connection;
- CIP 5 - wires of this type are very complex in terms of performance and are used mainly in industrial buildings or in order to provide electrical networks in the city or on the routes between populated areas. This design includes insulated conductors, covered with polyethylene, with each individual thread has its own individual sheath.
The last two types of wires are not composed carrier zero conductor, this may include two threads and more, most often, no more than three.
In addition to this classification of CIP cable, it is divided by the diameter of the section. Available there are models with section 2 on 16, 4 on 16, 4 on 25, 4 on 35 and many others.
Going Wire must be labeledincluding the following information:
- product group designation;
- section size;
- date of production of the product;
- batch number;
- additional production information.
Do not forget to check before buying a product for its availability and a list of specified data.
CIP wires of different types have the following specifications:
- the maximum permissible load on the models of the first, second and fourth types is 0.66 per kV, for the third type - up to 35 Kv, respectively;
- mains frequency is 50 Hz;
- the product should be used in temperature conditions from 50 degrees below zero to 50 degrees above zero;
- You can install and tighten the threads at temperatures up to 20 degrees below zero;
- approximate cable life is about 50 years;
- warranty from the manufacturer is available for products up to 5 years.
How to install the wires with your own hands
Installing this model of wire does not take you much time, so install the CIP cable with your own hands will be very simple, and faster than waiting for the arrival of specialists. However, the cable connection procedure should agree with a number of instancesIn particular, before introducing the wiring, obtain the appropriate permission from the company that supplies electricity to your home.
If you understand the permissions, you can begin to connect and fasten the cable. The work is as follows:
- pick up the wire with the desired cross section. For use in apartments most often take a cross section of 15 mm;
- to make a branch of the highway, take a special clamp, with which to make punctures on the pole in the right places. Thanks to these clips, you will not need to pre-strip the product, and you can install its tips immediately;
- if you need to make the transition from the network to the house, and the distance between them exceeds 25 meters, then do not forget about the tensioner and a special support;
- Attach special fasteners to the support to help make the connection as strong as possible;
- From the outside of the room where the cable outlet will be placed, put the anchor clip in the form of reinforcement with a bracket fitted on it. The number of clamps on the valve must match the number of phases;
- Now you can install additional insulation on the wire if it is a wooden room or leave it open if you think that the existing insulation is enough;
- Enter the wire into the room per meter and make an internal branch. To connect the wires to each other, you can use a special coupling.
Comparing the cost of wires CIP
You can purchase both the cable itself and related accessories, such as fasteners and other items, in an electrician specialized shop or in a building hypermarket. The cost of the product size of 4 to 25 in different cities of the country not significantly different from each other. So, the most expensive, at an average cost of 89.5 rubles, it can be purchased in Omsk and Yekaterinburg. And the cheapest is for 87 rubles in Ufa. In other cities of the country, its cost is about 88-89 rubles.
Also, the cost of the product depends not only on the region of sales, but also the footage, as well as the method of marketing. For example, in bulk such a cable will cost significantly less. In addition, for those wishing to purchase goods in batches, its domestic manufacturers are ready to offer favorable conditions.
Now you know all the most important things about CIP wires, their technical characteristics and features. In addition, if necessary, you can spend them in an apartment or house on your own.