The world does not stand still. Technique penetrates the lives of people. Every day it's harder to imagine everyday life without electronics. And if before all this was available only to wealthy people, now the equipment is in every home and makes life easier and more interesting.
By the way, now anyone with basic knowledge can independently assemble any device that may be useful in the future in everyday life. The Internet is full of thematic sites and forums, photo and video workshops, tips and instructions. This is how devices are created that contribute to an easier and more enjoyable life. If a house or apartment is equipped with special sensors that read this or that information and perform certain functions, this house can be called “smart”.
1 "Smart" house - what is it?
- 1.1 Assembly technology
2 What is an Arduino system?
- 2.1 The principle of the Arduino
- 2.2 Arduino system functions
- 3 Benefits
"Smart" house - what is it?
Perhaps, in science fiction films about the future, many have already seen such a structure. Beautiful spacious apartment in which everything is automated. The computer wakes up the family in the morning, prepares breakfasts, is engaged in washing and ironing clothes, and also keeps the house clean. Simply put - plays the role of a maid-cook and even more.
In reality, everything, of course, is not so magical and colorful. Current machines and computers have not yet reached this level of development. Therefore, the functions of a modern "smart" home are limited. For example, Sensors can control:
- On-off light.
- Power consumption
- Humidity in the house.
There are very few professional companies involved in the construction and arrangement of “smart” houses. In addition, their servants are quite expensive and affordable only to a narrow circle of consumers. But this is not a reason to deny yourself the arrangement of a comfortable life in your own home. After all, you can make a "smart home" with your own hands.
"Smart home" is just controllers with sensors, the main purpose of which is to read the information and, on this basis, the execution of the relevant commands. For example, temperature control in the room. If the room temperature drops below the previously set level, the system automatically turns on the heating of the room. This is just one example of the functions of a smart home. Such control sensors are installed throughout the house and perform a variety of functions.
So, how to make your home "smart"? What is needed for this? First you need to do purchasing necessary controllersthat will need to be programmed and adjusted. At first glance, everything is quite simple, but in fact there may be problems with the operation of the system itself, for the assembly and management of which requires some knowledge. Therefore, the company Arduino tried to simplify as much as possible its system, which can even handle a child.
What is an Arduino system?
The Arduino system is a platform for developing your own comfort programs. The system is easy to manage and rarely crashes or fails. The Arduino system has open source code and the ability to connect using a USB cable. Initially, the system has a set of programs installed by default, but thanks to the open source code type, you can install your own designs.
Principle of operationArduino
How does the Arduino system work? Very simple. Sensors installed throughout the house or apartment read environmental information and transfer all data to the computerwhich makes its own decisions. This system can function on a computer, laptop, tablet or even a phone. All programs for Arduino can be found in the public domain. All the "hardware" manufacturer makes the most standardized for system connectors.
Arduino system for the project "smart home" should perform the following functions:
- Control of power consumption. In a simplified version, the system independently turns on and off the lighting. In a more advanced version, the system not only turns off the lighting after the remote control signal, but also completely turns off the lighting if the owner is not in the room.
- Control of all entrances and exits of the room. The arduino system controls motion sensors, can automatically block or close doors, reads the exact number of people in the room.
- Temperature control of the room. The Arduino system is closely interconnected with ventilation, heating and other climate systems. The principle of operation is quite simple: the system automatically lowers or raises the temperature and other indicators, which depends on previously set parameters.
- Environmental control. The system closely monitors and notifies of the temperature outside the window, precipitation (rain, snow, fog). This is necessary in order for a person to plan their working day more rationally, since it is more difficult to get to work in rain.
- Fire safety. In a simplified version, the system notifies the host of a fire, the presence of smoke in the air. In a more advanced version, the system not only includes an alert, but can also call the appropriate rescue services.
- Automatic control technology. "Smart system" independently turns on and off musical instruments, television, kettle and other technical appliances.
Despite a variety of features, there are several important reasons, starting from which consumers give their preference to Arduino.
- Simplicity of installation and project as a whole.
- Low cost in case of breakdown or failure of individual components.
- Software availability.