The motion sensor is an infrared electronic device that allows you to detect the presence of and moving a living creature and helping to connect power to lighting devices and other electrical devices.
As a rule, a motion sensor is used to turn on lights, but they can also be used not only for this.
- 1 Types of motion sensors
- 2 Motion Sensor Circuit for Lighting
- 3 Connect multiple motion sensors
- 4 Features of the sensor wiring diagram
- 5 Can I connect the device with a switch?
- 6 Setting up the device for lighting
- 7 Installation Recommendations
Types of motion sensors
- perimetric - used for street lighting;
By the principle of action:
- ultrasound - respond to high-frequency sound waves;
- microwave - high-frequency radio waves;
- infrared - apply heat radiation;
- active - there is a transmitter and receiver of infrared radiation;
- passive - no transmitter.
By the type of operation:
- thermal - react to temperature changes at the place of operation;
- sound - triggered by a pulse when the air vibrates from the sounds;
- oscillatory - react to changes in the external environment and the magnetic field when objects move.
- one-position - the presence of the receiver and transmitter together in one unit;
- two-position - the transmitter and receiver are used in different packages;
- Multiposition - two or more blocks with transmitters and receivers.
- multifunction sensors used in determining the movement and level of illumination in the premises;
- room sensor is used for monitoring and control systems;
- External light sensor is used to measure the degree of ambient light;
- invoice light sensor created for installation on the wall;
- ceiling sensor lighting installed in the ceiling;
- Mortise illumination sensor is used to detect movement in office and residential premises.
Motion Sensor Circuit for Lighting
Connecting a motion device is simple, no more difficult than a circuit how to connect a motion sensor to a light bulb. In both cases, the electrical circuit closes or opens.
If you need a constant work of light in the complete absence of any movement, you can turn on a circuit breaker in the circuit device by connecting it parallel to the motion sensor.
Due to this, when the switch is turned on, the lighting will be switched on along a different chain, bypassing the device, because when the switch is off, the control over the lighting state will fully return to the sensor movement.
Connect multiple motion sensors
It often happens that a specific form of a room does not physically allow to cover the whole area of a room with only one device.
For example, in a curved corridor, if you install one motion sensor, then it will not workwhen the object will move beyond the bend.
In this case, use wiring diagram devices when several sensors are connected in parallel to each other.
In other words, the zero phase separately and is not interrupted, is fed to each device, then connect all the outputs to the lamp. As a result, the operation of any of these sensors closes the circuit, applying voltage to the lamp.
With this connection, you need to know that both devices need to be connected from the same phaseotherwise, there will be a short circuit between the phases.
Moreover, the technical conditions and design features of the room also have a direct impact on the connection.
Install the device so that so that he gets the widest possible viewing angle they should not screen the interior details, as well as window and door openings.
Motion sensors have a long-term acceptable power level from five hundred to one thousand watts. This limits their use under high load conditions.
If there is a need to connect several powerful luminaires through devices at once, then the best solution would be to use a magnetic starter.
When buying a device, the kit should be a standard instruction on its installation, connection and configuration. Also, the circuit should be on the case of the device itself.
Under the cover of the device there is a connecting block, as well as three colored contacts connected to it, which are located outside the case. Connect the wires to the connecting terminals. If a multicore cable is used for the connection, then it is better to use special bushings of NShVI.
Features of the sensor wiring diagram
The current to the device comes from the network via two wires: phase L (brown wire) and zero N (blue wire). After the phase L exits the motion sensor, it comes to one end of the bulb. The other end of the incandescent lamp is connected to the zero contact N.
When a movement appears in the place of control the sensor is activated and closes the relay contact, which leads to the arrival of the phase of the lamp and the light turns on.
Since the terminal block for the connection has screw clips, the wires to the device are connected with the help of NSHVI lugs.
Be aware that connecting the phase cable best implemented in principlewhich complements the guide.
- After connecting the wires, you need to put on the cover and proceed to the next stage - connecting the cables in the junction box.
- There are seven wires in the box, two from the lamp, three from the sensor, and two supplying zero and phase. In the supply cable, the phase is colored brown, zero is blue.
- For a wire that is connected to a device, a white cable is a phase, green is zero, and red must be connected to the network.
- The wires are connected like this: the phase cable of the power supply cable is connected together with the phase wire from the device (white and brown cable). Next, connect the neutral wire from the power cable, the zero cable from the device (green) and the zero cable from the lamp.
- Two free cables remain (red from the movement device and brown from the lamp) - they are connected together. Connection completed.
Motion sensor is connected to the lamp. Then we supply power, the device reacts to movement, closes the chain and turns on the light.
Can I connect the device with a switch?
In order for some time the light does not turn off, regardless of the degree of illumination and movement, you can apply a device wiring diagram with a switchBy connecting an ordinary switch to the circuit parallel to the motion sensor.
Due to such a connection, it is possible, with the switch on, to keep the light bulb on for the required time. If the lighting control needs to be completely transferred to the device, the switch is turned off.
Setting up the device for lighting
Device setup is another important step in the motion sensor. Virtually any device with which you can control the lamps has additional settings that make it possible to achieve its normal operation.
Such settings look like special mini-devices that are intended for regulation - this is an installation. suspend TIME, adjusting the degree of illumination LUX and setting the susceptibility to infrared SENS radiation.
- Inclusion setting on the degree of illumination. LUX adjustment is used for correct operation of the device during the day. The device will operate at a lower degree of illumination compared with the minimum value. Consequently, the sensor will not work with a higher degree of illumination compared to the set threshold.
- Time setting. With the TIME setting, you can set the time during which the lighting will be switched on from the moment the motion was last detected. The time interval can vary from 1 to 600 seconds.
- Configuring device responsiveness. You can adjust the susceptibility to the connection, depending on the volume and range of the object, using the SENS control. The response of the device is directly dependent on the degree of sensitivity. With a large number of sensors turning on, it is better to reduce the sensitivity, and to set the brightness of the IR illumination to which the motion sensor will react.
In the field of view of the sensor, which is installed on the street, should not get objects emitting heat or light. You should not install the device near the trees and bushes, which will interfere with the correct detection of movement.
Need to try keep to a minimum the likely effect of electromagnetic radiation, which may cause false positives of the device.
The sensor should be directed directly to the area where the detection of movement should be a reason to turn on the lighting.
It is necessary to keep the sensor clean, since the pollution negatively affects the quality of the device and the range.