Proper placement of fixtures on stretch ceiling indoors allotted to the kitchen, not only allows you to rationally adjust the illumination, but also to emphasize the overall interior design. Competent choice on placement and distribution light fluxes, can greatly change the visual perception of the kitchen. Fixtures spot built-in invoice or LED design help to embody any, even non-standard solutions of designers.
- 1 Requirements for kitchen lamps
2 Kitchen lighting with a stretch ceiling: the main options
- 2.1 Stretch ceiling spotlights in the kitchen
- 2.2 LED Tape Light
- 2.3 LED lights for stretch ceilings in the kitchen
- 2.4 Incandescent and fluorescent lighting in the kitchen
- 2.5 Chandelier on the stretch ceiling in the kitchen
- 3 How to make the right choice?
- 4 LED lighting suspended ceilings do it yourself
Requirements for kitchen lamps
Modern stretch ceilings are practical and aesthetic designs, but without good, and, most importantly, attractive lighting, they simply grow dull against the background of the overall kitchen design. The choice of light sources should occur in accordance with the overall styling of the space in the room.
It is very important that the power of the light sources mounted on the stretch ceiling should not exceed 40 watts. This, first of all, is due to the fact that when the ceiling structure film is heated above 55 ° C, it will begin to deform. Also, when arranging the ceiling lighting in the kitchen, it is important to follow certain rules.
- Embedded lighting devices must have a special rimhiding hoe ring designed to strengthen the fabric stretch ceiling.
- Luminaires for ceiling tension construction should not be heated more than 60 °. For this power halogen lamps should be no more than 35 watts, and standard lamps 40 watts.
For suspended ceilings are used chandeliers with lamps made of frosted glass. This is due to the fact that luminous flux from a conventional lamp leads to fading of color surface of the canvas, changing the structure of the latter.
Kitchen lighting with a stretch ceiling: the main options
For a small kitchen room it is advisable to use one central lamp. If the kitchen has large dimensions, then the lighting is divided into zones thanks to several lighting fixtures. At the same time, the light should emphasize the external image of the prepared food, and not distort it.
The shape of the lamps can be varied, as long as they do not stand out, but emphasize the overall style of the kitchen. In traditional lighting using all the familiar ceiling with patterns or chandeliers in the style of Provence. If this is a modern high-tech style, then it is better to use more original spot or LED lighting.
Stretch ceiling spotlights in the kitchen
A spotlight is a small device with a slight scattering angle of light. It is advisable to use such light sources in groups, and you can use both parallel and sequential wiring diagrams any number of point lamps. Thanks to such lighting devices on the stretch ceiling it is possible to light a certain area in the kitchen, for example, lunch or work. At the same time, all spotlights are divided into two types:
- rotary lamp with a movable outer part. Thanks to this design, it is possible to adjust the direction of the light flux;
- Non-rotatable spotlight, which is installed in a strictly vertical position.
Naturally, a fixed lamp costs less than a turning analog, but it is much more difficult to achieve high-quality illumination with such devices. At the same time, all point lamps have a number of undeniable advantages:
- long operational resource till 4 years;
- low electricity consumption;
- resistance to mechanical vibration;
- pure color of the emitted light fluxes.
Naturally, spotlights were not without some drawbacks:
- quite high price;
- The installation of lighting fixtures is possible on stretch ceilings, as well as suspended or plasterboard structures, which reduce the overall height of the room.
The feasibility of using point products is particularly relevant when it is necessary to illuminate several areas of the room or to supply light around the perimeter of the ceiling. According to the recommendations of experts, the number of fixtures is selected at the rate of one unit of a product per square meter of kitchen.
LED Tape Light
LED strip It is difficult to call the main light source, as it is used as an additional light. It is set for illuminating the work surface or decorating eaves stretch ceiling. At the same time, such lighting has a number of advantages:
- ease of installation, based on gluing double-sided tape;
- long service life - 15 years or more;
- low working temperature;
- budget cost;
- minimum power consumption.
The negative characteristics of LED strips in the kitchen include the following characteristics:
- the possibility of lighting only a certain area;
- in the event of a 1 LED burnout, the entire tape must be replaced.
LED strip must not be installed near sources of moisture or open flame, as it will become worthless.
LED lights for stretch ceilings in the kitchen
LED lamps are one of the newest and most progressive lighting devices that have recently appeared on the construction market. At the same time, in rooms with a high level of vapors, which include the kitchen, it is desirable to use special lamps with a high level of security. The advantages of such lighting include the following parameters:
- minimum electricity consumption - the savings from the use of such lamps can be felt from day one;
- small sizes;
- low level of heat transfer, which is especially important when installing lighting on stretch ceilings;
- the ability to choose the appropriate color of the lighting device.
The disadvantages can be credited with the high cost of the product. Since the kitchen has a high level of humidity, they install 12-volt appliances for which a transformer is required.
Incandescent and fluorescent lighting in the kitchen
To illuminate the kitchen space is not necessary to use expensive modern light sources. Instead, you can install a familiar incandescent lamp. They can be made in different shapes and fit almost any lamp. Of the advantages, the following characteristics should be noted:
- low cost;
- various power settings - from 20 to 300 watts.
It should be noted that the incandescent lamp has the largest number of disadvantages in comparison with modern lighting devices:
- high electricity consumption;
- small operational resource;
- high heating temperature.
As an alternative, in the kitchen can install fluorescent lampcreating ambient lighting. Despite the fact that such a device has not gained popularity, it has certain advantages:
- the lamp does not overheat;
- light streams are close to the sun;
- many shapes and sizes.
However, due to the inconvenience of maintenance and the noise generated during operation, such light sources are very rare in the kitchen.
Chandelier on the stretch ceiling in the kitchen
Winning and original solution for any kitchen design is a familiar chandelier. At the same time, it is not worthwhile to install a huge device with a multitude of light sources in a small room and, on the contrary, in a large room a ceiling lamp with one light bulb.
The brightness of such a lamp on the stretch ceiling in the kitchen will depend on the shades used in the interior of the room and the ceiling construction canvas. Dark surfaces require powerful devices, as they absorb light fluxes. The advantages of the chandelier in the kitchen include the following parameters:
- in models with adjustable light switching mode can save electricity by combining the number of operating light bulbs;
- variety of shapes and colors of lamps that will highlight any style of kitchen design.
By cons chandeliers include the following characteristics:
- relatively high price of the product;
- the need to use powerful lamps in dark rooms;
- the chandelier is difficult to wash due to the presence of many small details.
If this is a wooden lighting product, then it is varnished before installation, and the metal chandelier is opened with mastic due to the constant humidity in the kitchen.
How to make the right choice?
The kitchen space in most cases is divided into 3 main areas that are important to highlight quality.
- The area above the work surface.
- Dining area.
- Central light source.
If the kitchen space is large, then several light sources are installed on the stretch ceiling. Often combined with a chandelier point devices. Original will look LED panels on the perimeter of the ceiling.
The light above the dining table is selected taking into account the size and location of the latter. A table located near the wall can be lit with several wall sconces. For the dining area in the center of the kitchen there are several options for lighting.
- Pendant lights should be installed at a height sufficient to illuminate the entire surface of the table.
- Small suspensions with shades are better placed at the same distance.
- It is advisable to install a group of lamps over a large dining table.
In order for light streams not to blind people, it is better to install lamps with translucent lampshades or frosted lamps possessing soft dispersion of light. For the working area in the kitchen there is a huge selection of lighting options: from spot recessed lighting to LED strips.
In the working area of the kitchen, it is first and foremost important to illuminate the hob and the countertop. If there is always light from the hood above the stove, the tabletop is not lit by anything. Therefore, it is desirable to use LED strip, which is very easy to install. Small LED panels placed on a wall cabinet are suitable as an additional backlight. In this case, you can pick up any shade of the lighting device, emphasizing the overall styling of the kitchen.
LED lighting suspended ceilings do it yourself
The preference for LED tape designers was given due to the efficiency of such a light source. Using LED strips you can create a harmonious backlight stretch ceiling. Installation of such lighting is so simple that it does not require any skills.
- Degrease the place where the tape is installed.
- Remove the protective film from the tape.
- The strip is pressed against the ceiling surface.
If not self-adhesive tape is used, then double-sided tape is used to fix it. In a small kitchen set 3 bands no longer than 5 meters. If the room is large, then 15-meter strips are used, which must be connected to the electrical network separately.