Now a lot of people are interested in modern wireless calls - this is quite a convenient thing, but when you buy you need to observe some features of your home. Let's look at how to choose a wireless bell on the door and what are its advantages.
- 1 The principle of the wireless call
- 2 Differences between street and residential calls
- 3 Advantages and disadvantages
- 4 Optional equipment
- 5 Installation of a wireless call
- 6 Choosing a wireless call
The principle of the wireless call
The principle of operation of a simple call to the door or to the gate is based on the fact that from the button located outside, a wire is laid connecting to the speaker, which is located inside the house, as well as to the electrical network for power supply call. When the visitor presses the button, the signal passes through the wire and the bell rings.
Wireless calls work according to a similar scheme with only one difference - the signal passes not by wire, but using radio waves. This is much more convenient, because it gives you the opportunity to get rid of a bunch of cords, while these devices are powered by a normal battery or battery, which does not require installation of a network near the location call. Also, devices can have a combined power supply: a battery is installed in the button, and the speaker is connected to the network in the usual way.
Attention! It should be borne in mind that the range of a wireless call may be reduced, taking into account the type of materials from which the house is built. Brick concrete walls and steel doors partially drown out the signal.
In modern devices of calls, you can not only pick up a pleasant melody from the main range, but also download any with a flash drive or transfer it using a cell phone.
Also, wireless models can equip more than two speakers. In this case, you can install the receivers in such places at home, where the call is hard to hear, for example, in the summer kitchen or garage. There are also devices that have several buttons included. This is especially true for those who have a house and several gates from different parts of the site.
Differences between street and residential calls
If you decide to pick up a wireless bell on your door, then you need to take into account that there are models that are designed to operate in various conditions. So, for example, the usual equipment is suitable for an apartment, but for the street need special protection, both for an internal stuffing, and for external details.
First you need to make sure that there is a protective visor for calls to the street. It will protect the device from wind, precipitation, dust and sun. Do not forget that the visor should not drown out the signal. In addition, additional protection against dust and moisture is required for the internal parts and the button mechanism. Remember that not all models can withstand severe temperature drops, abnormal frosts or heat.
Advantages and disadvantages
Naturally, many nuances depend on the model and country of origin of a particular device, but you can describe a general list of advantages and disadvantages for all such products.
Advantages of wireless calls:
- Ease of installation. Attaching a device is quite simple, this is due to the lack of cords.
- Lack of wires. During installation, it is not necessary to pull the meters of the wires, which is all the more relevant when installing the bell on the street.
- Ability to install complex components. You can buy additional equipment or a complex kit to install multiple speakers and buttons in different places at home.
- The convenience of use. The call is convenient to use for both guests and home owners.
- Attractive appearance. You can choose any model that is suitable in shape and color.
- The possibility of permutation. If necessary, you can easily replace the position of any element of the device without much hassle.
Do not forget about the presence of some flaws, but it does not mean that all the products of this plan have such negative characteristics. As a rule, these features are related to low-quality and cheap calls.
Disadvantages of wireless calls:
- Frequent battery changes. Some models are powered only by batteries, while energy consumption is quite substantial. It is necessary all the time to monitor the charge in the device and make a timely replacement, which results in extra costs.
- Very easy to steal. Due to the fact that the button is not connected to the wires, it is easy to remove.
- Weak mount. Moreover, this is true for velcro calls. Under adverse conditions, rough handling or due to wear, the device may fall and be damaged, up to a complete failure.
- No signal. This defect is possible with a decrease in the quality of signal perception, as well as due to failures in the mechanism.
- Sticking In case of severe frost, ingress of dust and moisture, or when the contacts are displaced, the key may jam and make calls on its own or fail completely.
To reduce the number of these shortcomings, it is necessary to approach the issue of choosing a wireless call very responsibly.
To make living in the house more comfortable, you can additionally equip the doorbell with various devices. These devices can be bundled with more expensive and technically advanced calls or purchased separately. In the latter case, it is necessary specify equipment compatibility together.
These additional devices primarily include:
- Intercom. This is a single design, which consists of a call button, a signal and a receiver. There is also a built-in microphone and speakers, it gives the opportunity to talk to visitors and owners of the house with each other. Can be supplemented by a video camera.
- Motion Sensor. This feature allows you to receive a notification about the visit before the visitor clicks the button. When you install video eye activates the camera to record.
- Camera. That is, the video-eye itself. The camera can work all the time or turn on when the visitor approaches. There are also models that are interconnected only with a bell and are activated when a button is pressed.
You also need to pay attention to some additional features. Wireless devices can be equipped with a key completely off the signal or adjust the volume, backlight, melody selection mode and the installation of various signals for any button. Some devices can send a signal to the owners of the house about the arrival of guests via SMS. Any additional option increases the price of the product.
Installation of a wireless call
So that in the future there will be no problems with the installation of a particular model of the call, you must first make sure that the way of its fasteners you are completely satisfied. Concerning this question there are such options:
- Gate. Be sure to choose a location for the call to best protect it from the sun, precipitation and other negative influences.
- Near the entrance. As a rule, the button is fixed to the casing or a little further on the wall.
- A door. If it is very difficult to fasten a screw to the wall or the velcro is not attached to the finish, you can fix the bell directly on the door.
What about those parts that are indoors, that is monitor and speakers, they can be attached in any convenient place. As a rule, they are installed near the door in the hallway, or in the rooms where you are more often, but the sound from the main bell is hard to hear.
Choosing a wireless call
To choose the most suitable device and not to be mistaken in the quality of the choice, you need to pay attention to such important points:
- The number of batteries required and their appearance. Subsequently, this will significantly affect the expenditure of your budget to ensure the operation of the wireless call.
- Design and appearance. This decoration and shape, type and color of the body.
- Melody. A pleasant melody with the ability to change it or record your own melody is the best option.
- Signal range. If the dimensions of your home are quite large, then it is better to pick up the devices more powerful and at the same time not forget about the possible obstacles for signal transmission.
- Equipment. Find out if there are additional buttons, video eye, and other useful devices. If not, specify whether this call model will be compatible with these devices and whether it is possible to buy them separately.
- Type of item. Wireless calls are different, despite the general principle of operation.
- The quality of body materials. Plastic may crack under the influence of external factors, it must also be taken into account.
- Country of manufacture and brand. The reputation of the brand and the company is also important. So less chance you have to buy a product of poor quality. Beware of fakes.
- Installation of additional functions. Absolutely not always, some functions are necessary precisely for a particular consumer, because you should not overpay extra money for their availability.
- Terms of warranty and time of action. This is an important point. The longer the warranty, the greater the chance that the call will serve you for quite some time. In this case, it is important that you have the opportunity in case of a breakdown in the maintenance of your product.
- Type of fasteners. Think over what is best for you: stick or self-tapping screws.
You can purchase a wireless call from both foreign and domestic manufacturers. The best quality is different German and Italian modelsbut their price is very high. There are also good Polish models for a more reasonable price. You can search for high-quality Chinese calls, but at the same time pay attention to the number of batteries required for power supply. Cheap products are most likely to be either very energy-intensive, or quickly break down for technical reasons.