Voltage drops in the network occur quite often, not only in rural areas, but also in urban areas. Such seemingly harmless power surges can damage household appliances, refrigerators, washing machines and computer equipment. To normalize the output voltage of the stabilizer takes a few seconds, and without such equipment, household appliances will burn during this time.
Everyone knows that the voltage in the outlet is 220 volts, but this value is rather approximate and generalized. There is an increased voltage that can reach 250–260 volts, and a low voltage - 180 –115 volts. Under such cataclysms, household appliances designed for standard indicators deteriorate and cannot work effectively. The use of mains voltage stabilizers will allow convert voltage with modified parameters at the input of the stabilizer and at the output to get a stream of electric current with the specified parameters.
- 1 Reasons to use voltage stabilizers
- 2 Stabilizers with electronic regulation
3 Electromechanical stabilization devices
- 3.1 Positive sides of electromechanical stabilizers
- 3.2 Electromechanical devices have disadvantages
- 4 How to choose a voltage regulator to give
- 5 Safe use of the device
Reasons to use voltage stabilizers
- to protect connected equipment;
- to save.
The first provision will extend the life of computers, washing machines, televisions and refrigerators, improve and make effective the work of electric heating boilers and heating boilers. Voltage can vary during the day and in the seasons.
But technologists and designers, creating and giving life to electrical engineering, count its work at standard voltage, which is taken as the basis of 220 volts. In addition, in recent years, the number of modern and intelligent technology, which requires increased energy consumption, has increased. The real crisis is that the development of power grids is not keeping pace with the rapid technical progress.
Modern technologists and designers of leading companies engaged in the production of electrical equipment, developed several models of stabilizers voltage for the network. They are divided by type:
- three-phase devices;
- single phase stabilizers;
- thyristor equipment;
- relay device types;
- electromechanical devices;
- mounted stabilizers for gas equipment with electronic control.
In addition to its main role of voltage equalization, the stabilizer simultaneously performs a number of additional functions for the protection short circuit, overload, from critical surges in the house above the norm, lightning strikes and phase hits. Installed stabilizer on the whole house, cottage or production hall, protects itself from all of the above-mentioned cataclysms, as well as save electrical devices from damage due to sudden drops voltage.
The savings from using voltage stabilizers are obvious. The electric kettle will boil faster with standard voltage and will save energy, the work of the split system will not resemble work the fan, and it will turn on at the set mode, the washing machine will reduce the washing time and press the laundry better, while saving your money host
Enumerate cases of savings can be infinitely long, but all these provisions can be combined with one statement that devices designed to work at a voltage of 220 VIn changed conditions, they lose some of their efficiency and require additional fuel consumption. Considering that the breakdown of modern expensive equipment can "eat" a significant part of the monthly budget, it is better and more expedient to make these devices retain their working state.
Stabilizers with electronic regulation
The most popular model in a modern home is an electronic type voltage regulator with a stepwise principle of operation. This type of device releases voltage with a given accuracy in a wide range. The basis of their work is switching with the help of automatic transformer windings or phase-pulse control with the help of power elements, such as triacs or thyristors. The advantages of the devices are:
- the shortest possible time to convert input voltage readings and bring it to the specified parameters;
- able to perceive a much wider range of changes in the parameters of the input voltage in the house;
- has high efficiency;
- output voltage is sinusoidal;
- high compliance with all specifications provided in the manual;
- reliability and durability of operation (about 15 years);
- very effective quality at an affordable price.
But compared with electromechanical devices for voltage stabilization, these models have a high price, which is their only drawback.
Electromechanical stabilization devices
This type of stabilizer is very common in everyday life, is in high demand because of reasonable prices. Recently, gradually replaced step relay devices. The principle of operation of electromechanical stabilizers is to change the number of connected transformer windings to reduce and increase the input voltage. Switching occurs gradually, smoothly with the help of brushes that move under the influence of a servo.
It is significant that devices of this type have a very accurate conversion of indicators, about 2%. The received input voltage is measured and analyzed, depending on this happens connection of the required number of windings.
Positive sides of electromechanical stabilizers
- devices are made with almost no power limit requirements, which is very valuable for industrial plants with a large filling of electrical equipment;
- You can choose the error output voltage does not exceed 5 volts, which indicates the high accuracy of the device;
- With the help of a switch it is possible to choose the voltage value at the output, to set, if necessary, a limiter for 110 and 220 volts. For the operation of imported electrical appliances, this figure is usually set to 230 and 240 volts;
- the simplicity of the design of all components allows to increase the reliability of the device.
Electromechanical devices have disadvantages
- compared with relay stabilizers, electromechanical counterparts have a higher price, which is explained by the requirement to install a powerful transformer than on digital devices;
- the presence in the design of friction mechanical parts leads to rapid wear of the stabilizer, often in cheap Chinese devices, the engine is jammed after an impressive number of power surges;
- abrasion of the brush leads in time to sparks or closures to avoid such troubles, stabilizers are subject to maintenance preventive maintenance every six months, periodic cleaning;
- there is a slight noise effect when moving the brush along the axis;
- sudden voltage surges cannot be processed by the stabilizer due to the low speed of work, and some of the “wrong” voltage can leak out to interact with household appliances.
In this case, high-quality electromechanical stabilizers are simply turned off (protection works) and stop producing electric current right up until the situation is resolved. It is not recommended to use devices of this type for connection to high-power industrial equipment, as when turned on, eddy currents occur, which significantly increase the voltage at the entrance. For a few seconds, the load increases, this leads to the closure and disintegration of the carbon brush.
Electromechanical devices should be used in cases of:
- in order to get a stable quality voltage in the city, with constantly increased or decreased voltage in the network of a private house;
- to regulate the performance of electric current in the process of constant flashing lights in the country or in a private house, as the voltage change in such devices occurs gradually and evenly.
How to choose a voltage regulator to give
To select a quality device You should pay attention not only to the parameters of the incoming current, but also to other characteristics:
- the characteristics of the overload capacity should be taken into account - the resistance of the device to quick and long increases in load and input current;
- the presence of a protective relay disconnecting from the load at the output, which prevents damage to the device;
- availability of a convenient screen on which you can read all the indicators of the stabilizer;
- emergency shutdown system at the output, which will turn off the voltage at the time of the fault of the stabilizer;
- the device needed to operate the stabilizer bypass system in case of its breakdown;
- the function of regulating the voltage at the output allows you to set other parameters of the required indicators;
- To create improved operating conditions for complex electronic devices, a filter is required to remove impulse noise.
Safe use of the device
- It is prohibited to disassemble the stabilizer and close the air intake through the ventilation holes in the instrument case;
- It is impossible to overload the stabilizer of the over-permissible boundary voltage specified in the instrument passport;
- It is not recommended to use the device without a preliminary grounding device at the cottage;
- Do not use the device if the supply or output wires are damaged or there are mechanical damages on the stabilizer housing;
- Do not install the device in rooms with aggressive environment or near flammable substances.
Review: At first, they bought a cheap Chinese-made electromechanical stabilizer, it broke after a month (it stopped working, it began to constantly turn on the protection and stop). We tried to repair it, but we were told that such breakdowns are not repaired. Now we are thinking of choosing a more sophisticated device, since without it it is simply impossible to use electricity in the evening hours, the lights are dimly lit, like candles in pre-revolutionary times.
Feedback: We have purchased an expensive electronic stabilizer. Of course, we have no comments to him, the only drawback is his high price. But electricity was enough for all of our electronic gadgets, but my husband says that in order to connect the boiler in the other half of the house, it will be necessary to purchase another device.
Review: For effective operation of the device, it is necessary to take into account all the recommendations of specialists and choose a stabilizer with all parameters of your network, as we did in our home, were calculated and input parameters, and the power of all electronics in cottage. Now our stabilizer, which we have chosen for so long, works without complaints.