Probably, it is not necessary to explain what is meant by the phrase "warm floors". The purpose of such heating devices is already incorporated in the title, especially since today they are installed wherever possible. But about the features of his device and the opinions of people who already use them, it is desirable to learn better before installing such a system in his apartment.
Heating systems that use infrared rays as a heat source appeared on the modern market not so long ago. Due to the infrared radiation heated room warming up quickly, at the same time there is no overdrying of air, and the harmful bacteria and unpleasant odors simply disappear. Such systems warm floors suitable for people with allergies.
Also an important feature of the infrared floor is the possibility of its installation directly under linoleum or laminate without the need to equip a concrete screed or break the old floor surface. It is simply laid under the decorative floor covering and connected to the AC network.
- 1 The principle of operation and the device infrared floor
- 2 Parameters of infrared warm floors
- 3 Advantages and disadvantages of infrared floors
- 4 Features of the installation of a warm infrared floor
- 5 What are the benefits of infrared floors?
The principle of operation and the device infrared floor
Infrared floors are fundamentally different in heating rooms from other similar systems. The uniqueness of the invisible infrared radiation spectrum is that heats only opaque surfaces. At the same time, heating the floor, the heating elements themselves remain cold. Consequently, there is no additional power consumption for idle.
The directed infrared stream heats the material from which the floor is made, after which the heated floor surface, thanks to the laws of physics, gives up its heat to the air in the room. Structurally, such a system of warm floors consists of several componentswhich can work only in the complex.
- Film heating element made of polymeric materials no more than half a millimeter thick. Structurally, it consists of conductors made of an alloy of copper and silver, through which electric power is supplied to graphite strips. The latter, in turn, generate infrared rays. An interesting fact is that the electromagnetic fluxes generated by the operation of the infrared floor are so insignificant that they do not produce any effect on the occupants of the apartment.
- Another important node of the infrared system is a thermostat that controls the operation of the device by optimizing it in accordance with the specified parameters. This element directly affects efficiency and cost effectiveness. infrared heaters. The simplest thermostat prevents the infrared emitter from overheating, and the more complex analogue has several programs.
- The next component, without which the operation of the infrared film floor is inconceivable is the sensor temperature control, which prevents the floor surface from heating above the set temperature parameters. Without such an element, the work of the entire floor heating system will not be efficient and unsafe.
Manufacturers of electric heaters of infrared type have thoroughly thought out the manufacturing technology and design of warm film floors. When operating such a device, it does not emit magnetic fields. Plus, infrared radiation has a positive effect on the well-being of the tenants of the apartment.
Parameters of infrared warm floors
The correct choice of a warm infrared floor should be based on a study of the technical characteristics of such an instrument. They reflect a lot of useful information, the understanding of which allows you to determine how suitable such equipment in a particular case. Regarding infrared heating systems, they have the following parameters:
- as the power source uses a standard AC network;
- film heater has a thickness of not more than 0.4 mm;
- infrared floors consume no more than 150 W per meter, square heated room;
- graphite emitters are used as heating elements;
- maximum heating floor heating parameters do not exceed 55 ° C;
- film floor begins to melt at a temperature of more than 210 ° C.
Based on these technical characteristics, it can be concluded that this type of floor heating systems, unlike analogs, is the most economical, fireproof at the same time, without occupying useful space under a decorative covering of a floor. Such a film is difficult to feel even under a thin layer of linoleum.
Advantages and disadvantages of infrared floors
Virtually every company engaged in the production of infrared floors, 100% sure that their products are not inherent in any shortcomings. But as it turns out, in practice, there is nothing perfect. Therefore, the choice of a suitable product for heating the floor surface should be suited with the utmost severity, despite assurances of manufacturers, as often the characteristics issued for the advantages may be disadvantages of infrared emitters. But first, consider The advantages of such a heating device:
- there is no need to build a concrete screed on top of the film, and you can immediately install a top floor covering over the infrared floor;
- due to the minimum film thickness, the level of the floor surface in the heated room does not change;
- film infrared floors, unlike similar electric heating systems, consume a minimal amount of electricity;
- the relatively low cost of the film floor makes it accessible to a wide range of consumers;
- long service life of infrared floor heating systems does not require preventive maintenance.
If we consider minus infrared heatingI would like to highlight the following problems:
- the film should only fit on a perfectly flat floor, otherwise it may malfunction or, in general, break;
- it is not always especially new for this issue to immediately connect the contact to the film and in this situation it is necessary to use new analogues, the number of which is limited in the bundle;
- infrared emitters should not be installed under the furniture set, since in addition to the fact that this may lead to breakage of the floor heating system, strongly heated furniture can change its color and shape, especially if the room is elevated humidity.
Given all the pros and cons of the infrared floor heating system, each person has the right to decide for himself whether this way of heating the room or not, and whether it is worth replacing them with other heating devices in the apartment or private house.
Features of the installation of a warm infrared floor
I would like to pay special attention to the statement of experts that the film infrared floor quick and easy to mount and find out how realistic it is for the average man in the street to do all the work with his own hands.
- At the first stage, everything needs to be planned and calculated. At the same time it is necessary to observe some nuances in order not to overpay for the extra meters of film. From the overall dimensions of the floor surface of a room, the space occupied by heavy furniture is subtracted, to which stripes are added up to 20 cm wide along all the walls.
- The resulting free space is measured and, based on the calculated data, the amount of the film is determined. Better yet, draw a detailed diagram in which all the dimensions will be shown, and with it go to the store, whose employees will independently perform all the calculations.
- In the next stage heat reflecting screen is spreaddesigned to redirect infrared radiation only inside the room. Usually it is a rolled material that is covered with foil from one side. The joints of the neighboring bands must be glued with a special tape.
- Adhering to the previously drawn scheme, the film is being laid. It should be noted that it is necessary to cut it only across and only on a specially marked on it markup. It is important that the copper tires of the film when laying should be directed downwards.
- Neighboring parts of the film are connected using special clips and electrical wires. The connection should take place only on one side of the strips - on the other side, isolation is simply performed. The clips should also be insulated, for which special insulators are supplied.
- Set and thermostatic device is connected. Modern controllers for underfloor heating can easily fit into a subfloor. This opportunity is often used by professional masters.
- According to the scheme supplied with the controller, the wires are connected. In this case, all that is needed is to figure out which terminals are intended for supplying electricity, and which for connecting the film and the thermostatic device.
- Thermal sensor is mounted. For which, wires are taken from the controller to the nearest location of the film and the sensor is glued to the bottom of the graphite strip with ordinary tape. Simply put, the thermal sensor must be between the foil-clad screen and the warm floor film.
- The controller is energized and turn on the floor heating system. If everything works, then the infrared floor is de-energized and the finishing floor covering is laid over the film. If the installation of such a system is carried out directly under the linoleum, then fibreboard sheets are laid over the film.
As you can see, the manufacturers' statement about the ease of installation of a warm infrared floor turned out to be true. All that is needed for this is a minimum set of electrician's tools, the desire to do everything on their own and, of course, a little bit of skills with electrical wiring.
What are the benefits of infrared floors?
If children live in an apartment, the installation of an infrared heating system does not hurt. First of all, this is due to the fact that central heating is turned on when it is already cold outside the window and it is uncomfortable to be in an unheated room. In addition, very often, the heat supplied to the house from the central heat line is not always enough to the full.
Plus, such heating systems win against their competitors also in that they can be installed in rooms where it is impossible to connect centralized heating or to conduct gas to install an autonomous boiler. But if the film is used as the main source of heat, then at least 70% of the floor surfaces in the house should be covered with it.
Having opted for infrared floor heating in the house, you need to find out which vendors, documentation can confirm that this product complies with all standards and requirements of the fire security. All components of the warm floor must be of high quality and be placed between layers of transparent film from polyester. Such a system should not have external damage or delamination of the material. Although the choice is always for the homeowner, who will weigh all the pros and cons.