Today, a large number of new wires, designed for various purposes. If their purpose is clear to a professional electrician, then it’s pretty hard for an ordinary person to figure it out. As for the alphabetic or numerical designations, it happens that the electricians themselves do not always have time to keep track of the changes taking place in the electrical industry.
Knowing the labeling of the wire, you can easily figure out what it is intended for. This is to be clarified further by the example of Avvg.
- 1 Cables and wires. Marking Interpretation
- 2 frls - decryption
- 3 The use of cables and wires in the new conditions
Cables and wires. Marking Interpretation
Any marking helps to understand the details of the encrypted name of a product. In our case, these are cables and wires. It turns out that there is nothing complicated about encrypted names.
So, in the cipher cable AVVG There are only three elements:
- The first letter "A" means the metal from which the wire is made. And here it is not difficult to guess that "A" is aluminum. If this letter is completely absent, then the wire is made of copper.
- The other two letters "BB" imply that the cable has vinyl coating. Since in this case, the two letters "B", then, accordingly, the insulation consists of a two-layer coating of vinyl chloride.
- Guess what "G" means will be more difficult. This means that the cable does not have a special protective layer. And if there is no such layer, then “G” means “naked”.
If at the end of the abbreviation a small letter “a” is added, then such cable or wire does not support burning. Such types of wires can be twisted even in big bunches and not be afraid of their ignition.
Instead of a small "a" can be used the letters "ng". In essence, this is the same, namely: "does not support combustion."
In coded name there are many other letterswhich should also pay attention. It is worth remembering that decoding begins from the core of a cable or wire.
- That is, the core material is the first letter in the abbreviation or its absence.
- The type of core is determined by letters. If it is "P", then the conductors are flat and laid in parallel.
- Replacing one letter “B” with “B” implies the presence of protective armor made from metal tape. If there is a “W” next to it, then an additional protection with PVC hose can also be used in such a cable. Gradually, the original encryption changed and began to look like this: AVBbShv
- The name may also appear "C" - lead sheath and "2n" - 2 mylar tapes. The result of adding new characters becomes a new name: АСБ2лГ.
- The flexibility of the cable lies in two letters: “KG”.
- Insulation with double hermeticity of polyethylene and aluminum tape, as well as the applied shielding, are designated as “2g” and “E”.
Such labels are adopted to encrypt cable names.
In the case of wire marking, nothing new has been invented. All the same as in the case of cables: letter encryptionafter which there is a digital designation of the number of veins and the area of their section.
- Similarly, at the very beginning, the letter "A" means that the aluminum wire, if there is nothing, then - copper.
- In the middle, the letter “P” denotes a wire.
- The following is a type of insulation: "P" - rubber, "B" - vinyl or polyvinyl chloride (PVC), "P" - polyethylene.
- The latter may be the letter "L", denoting the lacquer coating of an insulating cotton braid.
frls - decryption
Another thing if there are strange "ls" or "frls". Afraid of this is not worth it. Just remember that "fr" is the same as "ng", "ls" implies low smoke emission.
- Low Smoke (no smoke) - this is how the two letters “ls” are deciphered.
- Fire Resistance (fr) - fire protection.
Everyone can translate for themselves correctly, but the essence does not change. Everything else will be consistent with our "VVG".
These foreign letters can be used in conjunction with ours and then, for example, the marking of the cable described will be of the form: AVVGng-ls or AVVGng-frls.
There are no other differences between frls and AVVGng. The wires in the wires can be either flat, triangular or round. And the absence of halogens in frls makes it more resistant to fire and less smoke.
By itself cable VVGng-frls is a kind of subspecies, while VVG is the main type of cable in its field. The frls cable is used to transmit electricity at a frequency of 50 hertz and a nominal voltage of 0.66 kilovolts. In some stationary electrical installations, the voltage can reach from 1 to 6 kilovolts.
Cable frls most often used in places with a high degree of fire hazard.
The use of cables and wires in the new conditions
As already mentioned, frls has properties that allow it to be used in various fields. It is the latest technology development electrical wires, allowed to expand the list of previously hazardous industries, where frls is now used.
Thanks to the labeling, during the construction of buildings and the further installation of cables, the consumer of electricity can independently choose the type of wire required: just AVVG or with the prefix frls.
- A simple type of VVG cables is used, as before, in such conditions in order to exclude ignition from the wires of the premises. So, with an open gasket, you need to choose the places where non-combustible materials are used. When suspending such wires, it is necessary to carry out accurate calculations to eliminate their sagging, and therefore interaction with highly inflammable objects.
- Also, unlike frls, with a closed method of laying in the walls of buildings, additional insulation is required.
- Laying the cable in the ground will require the adoption of measures of protection against mechanical effects on the wire. This installation involves hiding the cable in a metal box or pipe.
The use of AVVG type frls is capable rid of some problems.
- With such frls wires, no additional insulation is required when laying inside walls. Also VVG-frls can be laid in an open way without fear of the proximity of highly inflammable materials.
- The use of frls becomes available in hazardous industries and in residential areas.