To create maximum comfort, the device for turning off or on the lights in the house should have not only functionality, but also practicality. Compared with single-key pass-through devices, double-key switches are more convenient due to their versatility.
The pass-through design of the two-key model of the switch is nothing more than two single devices united in a single package, which function according to the principle of a switch of contact groups. Typically, such devices have 2 input and 4 output contacts. At the same time on the body of the product there is a pointer that helps to figure out what position the device is in - on or off.
- 1 The main purpose of the continuous switch
- 2 Varieties of feed-through switches
- 3 Features of the circuit for connecting loop-through switches from two places
- 4 Features of the lamp control from three places
- 5 How to connect a switch to the two groups of lamps
The main purpose of the continuous switch
Passing device to control the lighting in the house in its principle
The choice of the switch design is primarily based on the number of keys on the device, as it allows you to control multiple light sources connected to such device. In turn, the possibility of a remote control system or a touch sensor are additional elements that improve the comfort in controlling the light in the house.
Multi-key-through switches are better to install in large rooms in which there are several inputs and different light sources that need to be turned on simultaneously. In other situations it is advisable to install pass-through devices with one keywhich are more convenient to use and have the simplest connection scheme.
Varieties of feed-through switches
There are many models of pass-through switches and switches from foreign and domestic manufacturers of both the simplest single-key and multifunctional models. The most are considered popular dvdklavishnye devicesthat can control several lighting devices at once in different rooms or in the same luminaire. Not so popular, but no less effective switches with three keys, although the wiring diagram is much more complicated.
Thanks to the principle of operation of the switch through passage, it is possible to organize control of one lamp from different points of the house or apartment. But for its implementation will require several single-button instruments and a cross switch. And when using several cross-devices, it is possible to achieve control of the lamp from four points in the apartment at once.
It should be noted that each additional point of control of the light source greatly complicates the wiring diagram of the switches of the passage type, which may cause maintenance and repair difficulties lighting in the house. The tangling of wires can be misleading even by an experienced electrician.
Features of the circuit for connecting loop-through switches from two places
With proper assembly of the connection circuit of double switches, it is possible to control several lighting groups from two places independently relative to each other. At the same time both switches with two keys of type through passage will operate in two ways, but you need to do the following work.
- Two-button switches in the amount of two pieces are installed on pre-selected places in the bottom.
- Mounted lamps or multi-bulb light sources, such as a chandelier. A three-core cable with a phase, working zero and grounding is connected to the lighting devices.
- Considering the fact that each switch has 3 contacts, then need two three-core cables appropriate length.
- The connection of the wires occurs in the junction box according to the diagram.
The embodiment of such a scheme, possibly with four single-key-through switches, but it is not rational in terms of consumption of additional cables and distribution boxes.
If necessary, a double pass switch can be used as a crossover analog with one key. For this, the corresponding contacts are bridged, and the keys are connected to each other for simultaneous operation.
Features of the lamp control from three places
Two-button switches of the type through passage, as well as analogs with one key, can work as cross devices. The principle of switching contact groups has a similar scheme with lamp control from two places. That is, as in the previous case, you need to connect two double devices and a crossover analogue in accordance with certain stages.
- The first step is to install the switches in the sub-holders mounted in the wall. This circuit involves connecting 12 wires to a junction box.
- In the next step, two separate light sources are installed and a cable is laid to them with zero enabled.
- The cable is cut to the required length, while using three-core wire. 6 cores are supplied to limit switches, and the double-key pass-through crossover switch has 8 contacts.
- The phase is fed to the first switch with two push-through keys, and then following the scheme to the other devices.
- The connection of the second limit switch of the continuous type will occur directly from the lighting device.
- It is very important when laying circuits of increased complexity to properly mark all cables and individual conductors. In order not to be mistaken in the tangle of wires, you need perform step marking starting with the first wire and continuing from contact to contact. It is necessary to label even at first glance easy-to-connect cables.
- As it has become known from practice, the installation of such a scheme requires the use of an enlarged box or its paired counterpart. This is primarily due to the fact that in a standard junction box there is simply not enough room for high-quality wire connection or because of the large number of connecting pads will not be able to close cover.
Also, any two-button switches of the type through passage can be used as usual analogs. For this purpose, one contact group is either not used at all, or another light is taken through it. After reviewing the above methods for controlling luminaires from different places, you can understand what a wiring diagram is or, as the electricians say, switching circuit of a switch.
How to connect a switch to the two groups of lamps
Before proceeding to the installation work, you need to understand the design features of the double-key switch. As mentioned earlier, these are structurally two devices with one key assembled in the same package. Having dealt with this feature, everyone will be able to understand how it works and how connections that are made by analogy with a conventional one-button switch, with the exception of pairs of nuances:
- The first part of the switch, and, more precisely, on both of its identical halves is supplied electric energy through a single wire. On the second device, from which the light source will be connected, each of the outgoing phases will power its own lamp.
- In the case of a single pass-through device, a three-core cable is laid to each device. If it is a double-key counterpart, then five conductors are pulled to the first and one more to the second device. The difference in the number of conductors is due to the common phase conductor.
On the basis of the above options for connecting loop-through switches with a different number of keys and possibilities using their combinations, you can lay a variety of schemes that allow you to control the lighting devices from various places at home. Although based on practice, in everyday life there is rarely a need to control the lamps from more than three different points in the apartment.