If you go into any residential house, then you can find a special metering device that allows you to control the electricity consumed. The legislation in force in our country establishes that each owner must regularly pay for the electricity consumed. Moreover, he must carry out this procedure independently every month. And for this you need to take readings of the counter, and it is best if this operation is done every month on the same day.
In some cases, instead of the traditional location of the meter, which serves as a staircase, it can be taken directly to the apartment or private house. In such cases, you will be required provide free access to it for employees of the electricity supplying organizationwho have the right to come with a check every six months. If a representative has any doubts about the fact that the data you provide is accurate, you must first the requirement to provide access to the metering device, so that the employee was able to record the meter readings electricity.
Payment of services for the provision of electricity requires the reading of the meter and calculating the number of kilowatt-hours consumed.
1 How to take readings of the electric meter?
- 1.1 Video: How to take readings from an electric meter
- 2 How much should I pay? Having an idea of how to take readings of an electricity meter, the owner will not interfere with and get acquainted with the scheme of calculating the amount payable for the light. This is done as follows: the calculated number of kilowatts multiplied with the price, according to the current tariff.
3 We take readings from the multitariff counter
- 3.1 How to read the meter correctly?
- 4 Features of other metering devices
How to take readings of the electric meter?
If an old-type induction device is installed in the house, then you will need to write out all 5 digits to the comma, which are shown on the scoreboard. It should be clearly understood that the characters after the comma correspond to the fractions of a kilowatt, which are denoted as tenths. Usually they use a special selection - red frame. However, focus on them should not be.
The main number is read from the device, and will understand what was the total energy consumption during the reporting period.
The procedure for calculating the number of kilowatts spent by the owner over the last month is quite simple and consists of the following.
From the data taken from the electric meter they subtract the figures for the previous month. The result of this operation will be the number of kilowatt-hours that were used in the current month.
Video: How to take readings from an electric meter
How much should I pay? Having an idea of how to take readings of an electricity meter, the owner will not interfere with and get acquainted with the scheme of calculating the amount payable for the light. This is done as follows: the calculated number of kilowatts multiplied with the price, according to the current tariff.
It is important to keep in mind that different rates will be used for each specific territory. And rural rates will vary from tariffs used in cities. It is also necessary to take into account the devices used in an apartment or a private house. For example, if the owner uses an electric stove, then he will have to pay more for electricity than a person who cooks on gas.
The disk counter allows you to find out other parameters, since when you make one turn of the disk, you can say that 600 or 1200 were consumed, which is equivalent to one kW.
We take readings from the multitariff counter
This is a new class of metering devices, using which the owner can obtain current data on the power consumption displayed on a digital display. It is worth saying that these devices can provide not only information about the current time and load. Among their opportunities there is a separate accounting of the spent electricity depending on the specific time of day.
Therefore, with proper use of such a counter, the owner can minimize his energy costs, thereby avoiding unnecessary overpayment. The information displayed on the electronic board contains many figures, but only a few are required to take readings. And although this data may not match due to differences in the device, the data removal scheme in each case will be the same.
How to read the meter correctly?
To do this you need a pen and paper. If necessary, you may need a flashlight. Approaching the counter, you will see on the display a burning letter "T" with numbers from 1 to 3. To select the required tariff, the “enter” button is provided here. After that you need to fix the following data:
- for one-rate meters, the number that corresponds to T1;
- for two-tariff - the numbers T1 and T2;
- for three-tariff meters - numbers T1, T2, T3.
The procedure for calculating the exact amount of kilowatt-hours spent for the time period has its own characteristics.
- First, the value obtained for the previous period is subtracted from the current readings, in accordance with the above scheme.
- Further the calculated total must be multiplied by the tariff, which operate on your territory, corresponding to one kilowatt-hour.
- By adding the total values, the amount that will have to be paid for the last period will be obtained.
In this way, the meter reads electricity.
Features of other metering devices
If you use a two-tariff counter, then it will be useful for you to know not only how to correctly read the electricity meter, but also its modes of operation:
- T1 corresponds to the time interval from 7 am to 23 pm;
- T2 - the rest of the time interval, between the specified hours.
In the case of using a three-tariff metering device, the following features will be provided for it:
- T2 (reduced rate), which corresponds to a temporary regime from 23 pm to 7 am;
- T3 corresponds to the preferential mode, for which there are two time periods: from 10 am to 5 pm and from 9 pm to 11 pm.
- T1 corresponds to the peak period during which the highest tariff for consumed electricity operates.
Electricity meters simplify electricity metering, so that each owner has the ability to independently determine the number of spent kilowatt-hours and the amount payable for of them. At the same time it is important to know how it is necessary to take readings from the electric meter. This is done quite simply, although in some cases it may be difficult if you have a new type of electricity metering device installed. However, the principle of determining the number of kilowatt-hours that were consumed during the last reporting period has no particular differences.
If necessary employees of the energy supplying organization can advise you about this question. The main thing is to tell them which model of electric meter is installed on your house and after that you will be able to take readings and pay for the consumed electricity.