Modern television broadcasting systems are developing rapidly. Digital broadcasting is replacing analog terrestrial television. It provides excellent image quality, excluding channel overlap on the channel, picture distortion, the appearance of "snow" on the screen and other interference. Along with improving the quality of terrestrial television, satellite television systems also remain relevant.
- 1 Do you need satellite TV?
- 2 Benefits of satellite tv
- 3 How does satellite TV work?
- 4 The principle of operation of the antenna
- 5 Types of plates
- 6 Antenna installation site
- 7 Satellite TV Set
- 8 Preparing to install satellite equipment
- 9 Mounting F-connectors
10 Satellite antenna setup
- 10.1 We carry out a more accurate setting
- 10.2 Side convector setting
Do you need satellite TV?
Satellite television greatly expands the consumer's ability to watch television channels. It is a source of a huge variety of TV channels broadcast in almost all languages of the world. However, many channels are available for free viewing.
Satellite TV is relevant in areas where there is a complex natural terrain, or in places of dense high-rise buildings.
As is known, meter and decimeter waves of terrestrial television broadcasting are not capable of bending around spatial barriers. They are reflected from any object and create additional television interference. Satellite television allows you to receive a signal directly, excluding the effects of artificial and natural barriers.
Another advantage of satellite television is the possibility of capturing the television broadcasting zone in regions where the distance between settlements is enormous and the organization of continuous coverage is impossible.
Also important is the fact that even a non-professional will be able to independently install a satellite dish without calculations and special devices.
Benefits of satellite tv
Perhaps the most important advantage is relatively low price of equipmentthat pays off in a short time, due to the absence of a monthly fee for watching TV channels.
A big plus of satellite TV is Excellent video and sound quality, not inferior in performance to the best DVD.
How does satellite TV work?
In the direction of the south-east, south and south-west above the equator, satellites are located at the same place relative to the earth, receiving the signal from the transmitting television center.
The received signal, the satellites transmit to the Earth, covering large areas like a beam of an electric searchlight. At the same time, the signal level itself decreases from the center to its edges.
It should be noted that the signal does not pass through natural and artificial barrierssuch as walls, buildings, trees and more. This factor should be considered when choosing a place to install the antenna.
The satellite signal using the antenna focuses on the convector. After primary processing, it is transmitted to the receiver through the antenna cable. In the receiver is converted to a television channel and then transferred to the TV.
The principle of operation of the antenna
A satellite dish is a circular dish-shaped parabolic structure. She is independently receives microwaves from satellites broadcasting signals from television communications sources.
The parabolic shape of the offset plate reflects the incoming signal to the antenna fixed in the center of the structure. On the coordinator of the plate is fixed automatically tuned horn feed. This part is an amplifier of the received signal. Front convector heads carry out the selection of radio waves from the focal point, with the transfer unit downconversion. The role of the horn is to convert radio waves and electromagnetic signals into electrical ones. Additionally, their spectrum is adjusted. The signal from the convector falls on the receiver, and then to the TV.
Types of plates
There are two types of satellite dishes:
- straight focal.
The principle of installation of offset plates lies in their orientation below the satellite broadcast line. The signal is reflected by the plate and at an angle hits the converter.
Offset plates are mounted almost vertically, which eliminates the accumulation of precipitation in the structurethat can affect the quality of signal reception.
In direct focus designs, a significant part of the mirror is covered by a convector. As the diagonal increases, it becomes almost imperceptible.
Antenna installation site
If planned installation of satellite dishes yourself, you should follow certain rules:
- there should be no interference (trees, buildings, structures) in the way of receiving the signal;
- The initial direction of the antenna is south.
Satellite TV Set
The standard set of equipment consists of six items:
- satellite dish Serves to receive the signal of a particular satellite;
- bracket. It is necessary for fixing the plate to the building or support;
- convector. Converts the signal received by the dish and sends it to the receiver;
- disco It is used to connect two or more convectors;
- connection cable. Sends a pre-processed signal to the receiver;
- DVD tuner. It is used to convert incoming signals to television.
Preparing to install satellite equipment
We determine the location of the sides of the world using a compass and choose the optimal place for mounting the antenna. Note that the placement of the antenna on the roof of a multistory building can provoke her theft, and for fixing on the facade may require permits. To self-installation of satellite antennas did not become a problem, these issues should be resolved in advance.
The assembly of the satellite dish itself is not something inaccessible. The attached instructions describe in detail how to install a satellite dish yourself.
The installation procedure is as follows:
- assemble the plate according to the instructions;
- assemble and fix the bracket taking into account natural loads and wall material;
- fasten the convectors in special holders with the connectors down to prevent moisture ingress inside;
- cable to connect the receiver and convectors via F-connectors. It is necessary to leave a meter stock of cable near the antenna;
- securely fasten the cable to the holder arc;
- seal the connectors with silicone or sealant;
- fix the antenna on the bracket, leaving the possibility of moving vertically and horizontally.
Preparing the cable means connecting it to the F-connector. To perform this work, you will need an installation knife and pliers.
To properly connect the connectors, follow this sequence:
- with a knife with a knife, remove the upper part of the cable insulation at a distance of 15 mm;
- shielding braid, you must straighten and bend over the cable;
- cut the foil at the base of the bend braid;
- remove the layer of internal insulation at a distance of 10 mm until the copper core of the cable appears;
- we remove the protective layer of enamel with a knife;
- screw the F-connector all the way. At the same time, the core of the cable should protrude by 2-3 mm;
- remove the excess braid with a knife.
The cable for connection is ready. Now you can begin to configure the antenna. Of all the work carried out, self-tuning satellite antennas is more time consuming and responsible.
Satellite antenna setup
Make sure the antenna is installed correctly and facing south.
Making the settings on Sirius. Tuning satellite antennas independently begins with setting the frequency 11766 and speed 27500 on the receiver. Select the polarization "H".
We observe two bands on the receiver:
- red - displays the connection of the dish and satellite signal;
- yellow - shows the level of the received signal.
If the antenna is connected correctly, the signal level reaches 40%. In this case, the signal quality is zero.
We are approaching the climax of the issue of how to set up a satellite dish yourself. Set the initial position of the antenna all the way to the left and up.
Then gently turn from left to right and control the level of signal quality. In the absence of it, lower the plate 2-3 mm down and repeat the procedure in the opposite direction - from right to left until it stops. We carry out this algorithm until a yellow bar appears.
We control the tilt of the plate by specially marked numbers on its fasteners.
At this stage difficult to navigate your plate yourself at the height and at the same time control the appearance of the signal on the receiver. Therefore, it is necessary to connect to the work assistant.
When the yellow band indicator is within 21%, we fix the position.
We carry out a more accurate setting
Slightly lowering the antenna, make a slight turn to the left. If the signal quality has deteriorated, we return to the starting position. Turn right and up and down.
When the signal reaches 40%, proceed to the setting of the convector. First we rotate clockwise and then counterclockwise and achieve a signal improvement up to 65-70%.
Side convector setting
When the main plate is set up, the side convectors are much easier to adjust.
We make the setting on Amos. On the receiver, we set the frequency 10722, speed 27500 and polarization "H".
For Hotbird, the frequency is 11034, the speed is 27500 and the polarization is "V".
The order of adjustment is made according to the example of Sirius.
By bending the side brackets from the upper left corner to the right and gradually dropping 2-3 mm, we achieve the appearance of a signal.
To improve the signal quality we rotate the converters around its axis. First, rotate clockwise and then counterclockwise.
So we figured out how to set up a satellite dish yourself. Having some experience and a work plan is easy to do.
After final tuning of the antenna, neatly fasten the cable and enable the tuner function SCAN. The tuner will independently scan the available TV channels for viewing and list them.
After that, you can start watching TV.