- Device types
- Additional functions
- Summing up
- Rating of
devices Before giving any recommendations on the choice of air humidifier, it is necessary to understand what types of apparatus exist:
- Humidifier operating on the principle of natural evaporation. The device of the device in this case is extremely simple - the water capacity with the cooler, which blows the evaporating water, thus, the cold steam is obtained. This kind of low efficiency and is a bad option for a house where there are small children, because the air is moistened slowly enough.
- Steam - the moisture in the apartment comes in the form of hot steam. The principle of operation of this type is quite simple - humidification is carried out by heating the water. A clear example is a boiling kettle. Steam humidifier has 2 significant drawbacks:
- High energy intensity. Heating elements are characterized by a high level of electricity consumption.
- Low level of safety, it is necessary to ensure that the humidifier is in a place inaccessible to a small child, since the baby can get burned. And adults need to be careful.
The advantage of choosing this kind is the ability to combine hydration and aromatization.
- Ultrasonic type - the principle of operation of such a device is based on the vibration of the membrane, which turns water into the smallest aerosol. Water dust and moistens the air in the apartment or house. This technology is considered the most effective in terms of humidification, power consumption, safety. Advantage is also speed, humidity increase begins immediately after switching on the device. Disadvantage - the use of water with impurities will lead to the appearance of white plaque in the apartment;
- Air cleaning is nanotechnology. The complex, which automatically creates the optimal microclimate in the apartment: clears and ionizes the air. The choice of the device with the purifier and ionizer is complicated by the high cost. It is several times higher than the price of the above three species.
All varieties of household humidifiers are united by only one feature - the absence of noise. With the views sorted out, now let's talk about what functions you need to pay attention to, if you want to choose an inexpensive but good air humidifier in 2016.
Additional functions of the
The choice of the device can be caused by additional functions:
- Display where the temperature of the air in an apartment, room and humidity level is indicated. This function is useful and very convenient.
- Remote control. You can switch the humidifier on and off with the remote control at a distance. This, the so-called option for the lazy. But at the same time, many believe that this function is too much and it is possible without any problems to take several steps to turn on the device. Here, the choice depends entirely on the preferences of the buyer. Please note, the more features in the model that you choose to choose, the more expensive it will be.
Summing up the
Obviously, the best part about practicality for the home will be to choose an ultrasonic humidifier. But the choice is also conditioned by the cost. And here the situation is somewhat difficult, since all varieties of moisturizers have different costs. For example, a device based on the principle of natural evaporation can cost more than ultrasound and vice versa.
Here the determining factor is the manufacturer. In order not to overpay for the untwisted title, it is necessary to choose on the basis of technical characteristics, needs and financial possibilities. The best companies producing these devices are Boneco Air-o-Swiss, Timberk, Electrolux, Sharp, Philips and Ballu. If you want to choose a quality humidifier and if you do not overpay it, we recommend that you give preference to the manufacturer. However, please note that the price will be higher than that of Chinese counterparts. Of inexpensive domestic brands, I would like to highlight Atmos, whose products are gradually conquering the Russian market.
In spite of the fact that it is necessary to pay special attention to the manufacturer, in most cases the choice looks as follows: ultrasonic or steam. But which is better, if both options have the same parameters and cost? Here comes the forefront of expediency and practicality.
The first factor is the right choice in terms of area. For a children's room, a humidifier is sufficient, calculated for 25m2, but if you need to moisten a large area, for example, an apartment, you should choose a more powerful device. There are models aimed at humidifying air in a room of up to 60m2.
The second factor is security. For a child aged 2 to 10 years, it is better to buy an ultrasonic humidifier to avoid injuries and burns.
The third factor is the possibility of occurrence of various kinds of reactions, for example, the sudden appearance of a cough in a child. This factor is the most controversial and little explored. Here it is difficult to give any advice. One of the solutions to the problem may be the choice of a quality humidifier produced by a well-known brand. In this case, overpayment will be appropriate. Another factor affecting the operation of the device is water. It is advisable to use the purified, since the liquid from the tap contains a lot of various elements, not always useful. This is especially important when considering allergies and pregnancy.
Important! It should be remembered that ultrasonic or steam, as well as a device operating on the principle of natural evaporation, in itself will not solve the problem of disinfection of air. The household humidifier will become an effective assistant if you carry out a set of measures that includes systematic airing and wet cleaning. Only in this case will the maximum benefit for the newborn be achieved and there will be no problems with allergies and pregnancy. In addition, the risk of such reactions will significantly decrease.
It is equally important to conduct systematic maintenance of the device. Guidance on this is in the documentation attached to it. Absolute majority of people ignore the instruction or study only the "Management" section. And this is a very important component of normal operation in terms of efficiency( efficiency).
The filters collect different substances and pathogenic bacteria, which periodically need to be removed by replacing the filter element. The most practical in this regard is the microclimatic complex of air washing. Devices of this class are equipped with indicators that signal the need to replace the filter and the ionizing rod.
As a result, in order to choose the right humidifier, it is necessary to consider the following factors and to find the arithmetic average between:
- technical characteristics - selection by type, by area, by a set of additional functions;
- cost - the choice directly depends on financial possibilities;
- safety concerns steam humidifiers, as well as the manufacturer( if you choose an expensive model, then there is a greater guarantee of no unforeseen reactions, for example, allergic reactions).
Rating of models
Well, the last thing I would like to talk about is which models of air humidifiers are considered the best for today. If you do not know which device to choose by price and quality, you can safely choose the most suitable option from our top 10:
Scarlett SC-AH986M04 .Ultrasonic model, capable of serving 50 square squares. The average price is 3000 rubles, while there is an indication of switching on and adjusting the rate of evaporation. Convenient, inexpensive, practical.
SUPRA HDS-111 .The cost is about the same, in fact, as well as the characteristics. We advise you to choose this model for work, becausethe appearance of the case is quite attractive and will fit well into the design of the office.
Atmos OVOI .Can work both in the house and in the car. At low power it can humidify the air within the room.
AIC ST2850 .Original design, control from the console, the presence of the function of aromatization, ultrasonic humidification of air. If you want to select a model up to 10,000 rubles, we recommend you look at this device.
Boneco U201A .The leading firm has in its assortment a budget humidifier with a stylish design and the presence of all the necessary functions. By the quality and price this option will be optimal, besides there is a function of aromatization.
Ballu UHB-240 Disney .The original design of the case, which we recommend to choose for the children's room. Judging by the reviews, we can say that the device is doing its job well and justifies the price.
AiRTe KM-310 .Suitable for work and apartment. Is able to serve 50 sq.m.premises. Ultrasound moistening, the cost is not more than 6 thousand rubles.
Timberk THU UL 12 .Sufficiently good air humidifier with ionizer. If you want to select a device in a room with an area of no more than 35 square meters, take a closer look at this model.
Electrolux EHU-3710D / 3715D .The most expensive representative of our rating. Quality assembly, interesting design, remote control and ionization of air. Separately, I would like to note a very convenient control of the device.
Finally, we recommend you to watch videos on which experts give their own recommendations on the choice of these devices:
Here we have provided advice on choosing a device for humidifying air. We hope that our advice has helped you and now you know how to choose a humidifier for an apartment and which is better for price and quality in 2016!
It will be useful to read:
- How to make lighting in a children's room
- How to choose an airgel for a house
- How to save electricity in a house